Want to restart career after a gap ......need help for some queries

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by surman77, Feb 25, 2010.

1. surman77

surman77 New IL'ite

Hi Goodfriend,
    Are u online everyday around same time or on weekends only...?I was bit late to be online on saturday...so could not catch you....

2. goodfreind

goodfreind Senior IL'ite

Hi surman

I work only Monady to friday so pease come on these days india time after 8.30Pm onwards am wiating only for you people not for chat

3. Niral

Niral New IL'ite

Hi Surman,

I am in the same boat. I have 5+ years of IT industry experience and after my daughter's birth I quit my job as I was not able to give my daughter any time due to long working hours. Now my daughter is 6 years and has started going to school and now I am thinking of going back to IT. I don't know from where to start. If I join again I won't be given the same role/package due to this 5+ years of break in career. Also I want the profile which helps me in managing work-life balance. If I go to development then again I'll have to face the hectic schedule. My previous experiance was in web based java technologies and some VB/ASP. Even to go in development I will have to do some refresher course.
    Since you have gone through the same phase, what do you suggest.
    At present I am very much confused and don't want to take any decision in haste.

thanks

4. surman77

surman77 New IL'ite

Hi Niral,
    I'd discussed with lots of people and seached a lot on this issue .. ..for me it looks like whenever i've to join back it would be probably in Testing domain.As there are tons of jobs there an even the fresher of non IT field applies so our IT experience should definitely be an advantage.Moreover my family circumstances are still not very settled as my daughter has some special needs so it would not be possible for me frankly to jump back into devolpment field and adhere to hectic shedules/pressure though WE CAN achieve it still as nothing is impossible haina.......thats about my decision...
    where do u live in Pune ?....i live in magarpattacity....