Want to restart career after a gap ......need help for some queries

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by surman77, Feb 25, 2010.

1. surman77

surman77 New IL'ite

Dear All,
    I am not new to this forum have been reading lots of discussions posts every now and then..but ya..posting here for the first time.I mostly browse thru working women forum to find out things similar with my concerns (want to restart carrer after gap) and feels motivated every time...:)... gud guidances i must say...
    Now i too need some help from all you ladies there .

I'd worked as software professional in J2ee technogies for 3.5 yrs with my career beginning from startup company in Indore then after marriage worked in Syntel India Ltd (Mumbai) for some time.Also cleared the Sun certified java professional certificate during that period .I quit the job after my daughter's birth..
    All this was 5 yr s back since after that we have been outside India (stayed in US ,UK) and although i wanted to do comeback in IT much before ,i could'nt since my daughter was small and she has some special requirements too....Now we r in India to settle down in Pune and i really want to rejoin in IT industry....

Pls guide me in what area i shoud look for the jobs ...i want flexible timings to accomodate my daughter's needs and also right now at this stage with
    such huge gap i am not much interested to go back to Software Devolpment line ...... is it possible that somewhere in Software process Improvement area i can fit in ?.....i like it...? if any certifications/course
    required for the same? or if not this then what else to look for pls suggest me some ideas? I am really concerned and confused :confused2:....

2. surman77

surman77 New IL'ite

Ladies...whats up...?no body to answer my query.?...Any inputs are welcome ....pls atleast reply ....

3. deva280579

deva280579 Senior IL'ite

Hey surman,

Am deva, your spirit towards going to work is really good, and also its good to see your certifications, but the problem is that 5years gap for you, my suggestion for you is, please visit some training centres in your area and tell them that you know these things and you want to brush up your mind, so that they will help and also side by side, if you have desktop at home, please install whatever necessary softwares for you and practice for 3 months, so that you will have time to refresh and also, you already waited for 5 yrs, why not waiting for another 3 months for your refreshing time. Hope this will help you.

Regards
    Devanathan.L

4. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Surman,
    Good to see about your thought of rejoining in IT after a huge 5 years gap.
    But Software improvement area??What are you looking for?
    IS it some testing or quality kind of work??
    You can't have flexible timings, its a hidden truth in IT, though they offer flexibility, but strictly within office premises.
    Probably you can try for some testing positions in IT companies.
    All the best!

5. surman77

surman77 New IL'ite

Hi,
    Thanks Deva...Thanks Priya for ur thoughtful advices...
    Priya u' d asked me what am i exactly looking for testing or quality kind of work?. :)..yes i am looking forward to get into software quality area not exactly into testing but if possible somewhere in process improvement domain as i like that as well ...actually thats what my query is ...what r the options available in software quality non testing domains if i want to try as a fresher? Do u know of any certifications which can help me reach there? or entering into testing is better?
    Anybody along with Priya ...clear my doubts pls...:roll:

Thanks

Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
  6. goodfreind

goodfreind Senior IL'ite

Hi surman

S/W qulaity is not part of testing..taht is process oriented for Six sigma etc

no freshers

my advise is since you had prev exp 5+ put that exp try as QA manager..then you startt from there wat excatly you wnat

QA tetsing is part of Quality
    i can help you on that

but do not worry ..you have tuns of jobs there.. lookt my theread for QA taring or easy jobs for ladies etc

7. surman77

surman77 New IL'ite

Hi goodfriend,
    Thanx for your valuable inputs...:)...you were talking of some threads of yours regarding QA trainings and jobs....which are those ...?can u send me the link for the same...
    Also can i ask you for your mailid too for further communications if u don't mind...:?:

Thanks

8. goodfreind

goodfreind Senior IL'ite

Hi surman

i do not have link..i have ..materilas docs with me

QA for Quality assuarance/ QA tetsing/QA process etc

We cant provide email here as per rules

So if you tell m eany online chat where we can

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  9. surman77

surman77 New IL'ite

Hi Goodfriend,
    I was reading your posts from eduaction forum too...got to know that inspite of working you are also providing some online trainings/course on QA...thats great!!!!....:thumbsup
    i was wondering however how to contact you though (not interested to pay for PM here)...and if we cant disclose chat ids here then how would i trace you online...?...i want to stay in touch with you....

10. goodfreind

goodfreind Senior IL'ite