Want to know more info about Ghana

Discussion in 'Indians in Africa' started by rajmiarun, Apr 29, 2011.

1. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

It had been a long time I posted in IL. Long back husband got an offer in Rwanda but it didnot work out well. But now he have got an offer from a reliable and good company who operate almost all over the world. They have operations in Ghana too. My DH is posted in the northern region of Ghana, in Tamale.

Would be glad, if I could find any Indians living there and also would like to know more about the cost of living etc etc.

Waiting for reply from all my friends out there in Ghana.

2. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Hello Rajmiarun,

I am from Chennai and my husband and I are also settled in Ghana. It is a peaceful country compared to the neighbouring Nigeria. All Indian provision is available even though the Indian population is not a majority.
    The cost of living is slightly higher. The medical facilities are decent. There are a couple of good international schools, an Indian temple, Gurudwara as well.
    We have lived a good 4yrs+ in east Africa and yes, the east is certainly heaven.
    Don't worry, the Ghanaians are good at heart, and very very proud of their country, so one must take care never to hurt their sentiments.
    Wish you goodluck!!!

3. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Hi Rkgurbani,
    I really missed your reply. DH have moved to Tamale. He stayed in Accra and was in Kumasi for a week and now is in Tamale. He have said that all his stay in all the 3 places are really good. Thanks for the info about temple. Let us hope to meet soon. I am not so sure when me and kids will be able to move with DH, but hoping to happen it sooner.

4. CharanyaRam

CharanyaRam Bronze IL'ite

Are you still living in accra/ghana?