1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Want to give baby for adoption.

Discussion in 'Adoption' started by 1234aaaa, Feb 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

Thank you so much SriVidya to think of me this way. It is very sweet of you. Really if that becomes possible.. I would love to do it. I do not care what or how that baby comes to my life, all I will or can do is provide unconditional love.

Jaya

sindmani likes this.
  2. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

I understand about other cases...but our OP seems to be bent up on not having to do anythign with her kid...so why would she want to be intouch with the kid in future?? sometimes I guess they have to know the hard facts...Givign away baby for adoption is not just a process / simple procedure...she is just in some denial mode and seems like we really need to shake her off...but again I still stick to my words..I guess if she is planning to give for adoption why not to our own Ilite friend...If she wants to search for them in future...good luck for her:)

Pls do find out the right procedure and steps to follow to give away baby for adoption in a legal way!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  3. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Sri;
    "Jab mia biwi razi to kay karega kazi" :). Jaya seems to be very happy about it.
    It was just my thought; that Jaya shouldnt be hurt in case of sudden surge of parental affection from OP.
    Hope OP find a permenant solution to the situation. That kid deserves all the love the mother can give.
    -Nitha

4. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

Thanks Nitha J for your concern really and I am touched. But u know one thing is unfortunately we can't adopt right now as one of us i.e. either me or DH have to be citizens. If only laws wasn't so stringent on adoption, I would have done this in a heart beat. But i know laws are there for safeguarding the baby.

I hope the baby goes to a loving family if he/she is really put up for adoption. I just feel so so sad at the situation.

Jaya

5. 1234aaaa

1234aaaa New IL'ite

Hi All. What made you think that I am going to harm the baby. I didn't say that I hate him, it is I don't love him like a mother does and that does not give me motivation to have interest in doing his tasks and be with him all my life which I feel is not right. My only concern is that being in US not sure if I will be able to find Indian families who want to adopt.

6. GoodSense

GoodSense New IL'ite

Well, whatever you say is what we go by, right? You may not have the intention to hurt him, but sometimes your emotions may get out of control. So it is safer to be aware of what you're feeling and act before you lose it.

7. 1234aaaa

1234aaaa New IL'ite

I agree. May be I have written that when I was thinking a lot about this. But will never harm the baby.

8. GoodSense

GoodSense New IL'ite

I don't know how old your baby is, but there are provisions in the US to take care of abandoned infants, up to a certain age : A Safe Haven for Newborns - Preventing Newborn Baby Abandonment

Now, my opinion is that you need to find out if you have some hormonal imbalance which is causing the lack of maternal feelings. Or if you are in depression. You are definitely not in a positive frame of mind, and you need professional help.

9. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Of all the things, THIS is your only concern whether you will find an Indian family or not!!!! Something is very wrong here! You mentioned earlier your doctor advised to give up your baby for adoption, why don't you ask him how to go about it? Did you tell him/her everything that you described here to us, how you feel towards the baby? He didn't recommend that you see a psychiatrist??!! He/she just let you go with the advice that you should give the baby up for adoption???

Your mother who you so devotingly listened and got pregnant, did you share all this with her?? I wonder what she has to say about your state of mind!

Listen to all these ladies here, and get some professional help.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  10. luckybychance

luckybychance Senior IL'ite

JUST THINK IF UR MOM HAD GIVEN U AWAY TO SOME ONE...HOW U WOULD HAVE FELT......

Or just think if ur mom and dad dint think of having children...u would have never entered this world...

Please dont hurt and punish the new born...
    he is ur son...u should be proud to be a mother...
    remember everyone doesnt get to be a Mother..and u inspite of thanking god, thinking to send him away from u...please dont do thhat

i am a mother of kid
    i know how it feels. u should really enjoy every minute being with him

please think again...try going for some counselling

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.