1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Want to change myself - please guide me

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by GoldenMist, Jul 17, 2014.

1. GoldenMist

GoldenMist Silver IL'ite

Hi beautiful and helping ILs

about me in short - I am married young woman in late 20s with a caring and loving husband and a 4 year old daughter who is smart enough.Really lucky to have these to jewels.I am in USA and on H4.Well,this helps me a lot as I can give 100% attention towards my daughter and husband.

My problem - I really do not know how to explain.I get full respect from my husband.He never takes me for granted,always thinks of me and my choices first.
    never imposes his 'Husbandgiri' on me.Daughter,she is a gem,so sweet,obedient,caring,disciplined.

now a days I feel frustrated and down.I am trying to finding out the reason.I have hypothyroid and this plays a great role in my life.

I am good looking but because of 'T' I have gained weight (actually love handles) which makes me look out of shape.Face also has become lil bit chubby.This has made me feel like hell.Though I never feel inferior and have started proper diet and excercises,but whenever I see a slim lady,I feel inferior.
    Because of this,I have to go with particular hair style only or else,my face looks way too big.After all,I cannot share this particular problem with husband as men have zero knowledge and interest in hair cut you know.(Just to let you know, my husband never teases me for this and always stands strong for me).

I need your help and advice in chamnging my self mentally and physically.

PLease suggest me a good hair cut - My face is oval,Hair are curly but are really voluminous and hard.So I cannot gpo for step cut has it makes my face look more oval also,altogether it looks a mess.I cannot leave my hair untied for this reason.Because of this I have go with one particular look.Please suggest some good haircut with which I can look better(my hair are 1 foot long).

Also,please help me come out of the frustration and laziness.Please share the tips and good ideas to keep myself active.

1 person likes this.

2. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

First of all THERE IS NO STANDARD SIZE FOR BEAUTY!! IT IS ALL MEDIA HYPED.

Understand that.

U should have a body u r comfortable with.Dress according to your body and do not change your body for the dress..

Vidhya balan,queen latifah,kim kardashian...all are not according to the standard size when it comes to body (according to some silly stupid media people) but aren't they gorgeous?

As for chubbier faces..longer hairstyles work better.you can opt for layers but don't go to short layers around your face.

Keep exercising and have a proper diet and there is absolutely no reason to feel inferior! the slimmer ladies may see something in you which they might envy.

P.S: I am very slim yet curvy and I really believe the above statements which I gave you..It makes me feel confident and other believe in me too!I am in the body which I feel good in. So ENJOY YOUR OWN UNIQUE BEAUTY.

good luck dear

1 person likes this.
  3. HeartHealer

HeartHealer Guest

Hi GoldenMist,

I will just try to help you by answering the last part of question.

I think you're over conscious about your looks. But, anyways since you're working for it on your diet and excercises, things will change with time. You also need to understand since its a medical problem, apart from diet and excersises, it needs proper medical treatment too.

Its good your husband is supported of you and looks has never been an issue with him. Please don't feel inferior by looking at a slim.lady. This is given to you by nature so accept it with grace. You're noway inferior to others who might have other problems, while you don't have them. None of us has a perfect life. Feel good that your husband is supportive.

Just continue with what you're doing and chew some gum as that helps in reducing chubby cheeks.

4. YoGirl

YoGirl Gold IL'ite

I have super curly hair, voluminious, rough and thick.
    So, I understand your problem. If I tie it as pony, it will look like a ball or another head. can't leave hair open..frustrating to have long hair(as none of the ppl around me have long hair and it is soo tough to manage long curly hair), No haircut suits super curly hair,etc.
    So, I did permanent straightening of my hair. You won't believe the confidence boost that i got from it. It takes less than a minute to comb. You can leave it open, pony your hair, braid, whatever..everything looks good..
    It also changed the way I look. Now, most of the dresses look good on me, just because of straight hair.
    After managing my curly hair for 28 years, I couldn't take it anymore and straightened it. We need to get it done once every 6 months...But that one day pain is every second of next 6 months.
    I got it done by Vietnamese lady in fremont,CA. Totally worth $300.
    My husband and everyone still likes to see me in curly hair. But, I don't care anymore...I have found heaven in straight hair.

5. GoldenMist

GoldenMist Silver IL'ite

Thank you ladies for your valuable replies,

Really made me think differently and was happy from within.My husband asked me that your face has a glow today,whats so special?? I thanked you all in my mind :) because your support and replies was the reason

I got a nice hair cut yesterday.Feeling so nice and charming.For the first time I got the hair cut done the way I ever wanted.

Thank you so much friends

2 people like this.
  6. pear

pear Gold IL'ite

Hello Goldendust,
    For some the copper T can play havoc with thier hormones.My co-sis had to remove her T and treated for thyroid as per her gynac advise.

1 person likes this.
  7. GoldenMist

GoldenMist Silver IL'ite

Pear,
    Thank you for letting me know the bad side of Copper T but I meant 'T' as thyroid...But again,thanks for your concern and help towards me :)

1 person likes this.