1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Waking up early -- how do u all manage

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by chirpymom, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Janani et all,

Yesday we had guests, had to TALK to them till 1.30am for their issues(?!) and i got up by 7.30am, but managed to cook a decent veg kurma, rice n chapathi, packed all boxed :) But I still feel bad for not getting my tea time and dressing up time morning morning! What all reasons crop up? Elaarum sathi panraangapaa (everybody conspiring against me, lol):biglaugh

2. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Spidey,

no this is an inspiration thread you see;) some of us cannot afford staying in bed till 7.30 even on week-ends so let's not talk about week-days:(

AD,

good luck. DH too says he gets much work done when he's before everyone else at work. but poor thing he's unable to do that ever since the 2nd one arrived:(

Pooh,

it's a personality clash for both of us. but i can see, after 10 yrs of staying together, DH too has started waking up late LOL!

ladies,

today was 7am!!! baahhhh.... but because DH too woke up late we all worked as a team. no complaints, no blaming one another. and i even took the earlier bus to drop off DS. now fresh:)

3. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Nice thread...
    With 2 kids with flaky sleep only a 6am maid works for me....

Arthi.. wow 4:30 am is really too early.. man by that my kids just wear out and eventually am dead until a knock at door by 6 am.

I would agree even 10mis late out of bed and the whole day goes out of gear.

Spidy, to boost your morale my husband got up at 1pm this sunday slightly more than the regular wakeup time.. he was occassionally making faces and covered his ears with a huge pillow and enjoyed a SUNDAY :bonk:bonk:bonk ...
    where's our SATURDAY n SUNDAY post momihood????

But wait I need to lie down in daytime then and he had to take care of atleast one child who's not sleeping and he got a huge blast from an observant uncle in opposite flat for leaving the child unattended in balcony :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

4. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

janani, it is early......... n sometimes i m running around with toothbrush in my mouth, boiling milk, making coffee,fixing a quick breakfast , packing my office bag all the same time...LOLLLLLLLLL........

latha, oh my, i too had become like DH staying at home, he was always someone who woke up veryyyyyyyyyyyyyy late..... n laze once up... ofcource circumstances changed him now, no choice :D, but now i feel rather better getting up early, tidy up n leave.
    the place whr we live, atleast 40 school buses leave at 8... there must be not less than a few hundred kids here! pheeww! its crazy....

Shilpama- "But wait I need to lie down in daytime then and he had to take care of atleast one child who's not sleeping and he got a huge blast from an observant uncle in opposite flat for leaving the child unattended in balcony"..............haahahhahaha....

Pon- i make sabji at 10-10.30 before going to bed.... it wiorks better for us that way... theres NO WAY i can do it in the morn! :(

5. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Shilpama,
    My DW regularly wakes up at 12 noon on Saturday AND Sunday, LOL! Quite regular - I dont think DW has seen mornings on the weekend :biglaugh except for rare occasions

ROFL! :rotfl

6. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Janani, Others,

:banana I was up by 4.30am, dressed up and stepped out by 5am, my dear neighbour and me went to a nearby park, she is a regular there, am a newbie. I walked till about 5.40am, then sat there, read a book till 6am (yayyyyyyyyy!!!) and then we headed back home. By 7.15am, all kitchen chores were done and I am a different person today :))))))))))))))))) Now all of you clap for me, heheheeeeeee :))))

AD, 4.30am, I was thinking about you today, thats your wakeup time na?? You rock girl :))

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  7. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Pon,
    Atta girl! Do u wanna wake up at that time everyday??
    Will you be able to rest later? My timings are pretty much the same 10 mins delayed on weekends!

8. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Janani, Replied soo soon?? Super :)) I was struggling to be up by 6am. Just today i thought I will try this 4.30am. It worked today, am gonna try this regularly and see if this works or not. If all my chores are done, i get to nap with DS in the mid morning or noon. Let me see how long I can maintain this new time :) The thing is, I wanted some tempting reason to be up early, and this walking idea, credit goes to my neighbour :) DH didnt like this, he said, am already skinny, then why should I go and walk? Instead I need some more flesh on top of my bones:bonk

9. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

Hey Pon, Suuuupppppperrrr.... you are so inspiring.. so, if you go for a walk in the morning, who will take care of your DS, if he wakes.. My main prob in going for walk is DD.. She feeds in the early morning around 5-5.30, I want to get up from the bed, immediately after that, but she gets up me with me what ever be the time.. :((( So, I will think of being in the bed for few more mins and end up at 7.30.. so my yoga, walking all are cut... :(((

Vidyaa

10. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

hey Pon, Super duper kalakiteenga.. yes I am still sticking to 4:30am, max 4:50am.. yes feels so refreshing but these 2 days I feel tired because I have been going to bed past 11:30pm. so only 5 hrs of sleep.. I tried to take a nap at my desk.. but managed only 15 mins and after waking up in 15 mins I look like a zombie :)) so trying to go to bed early.. keep inspiring me..