1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Waking up early -- how do u all manage

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by chirpymom, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Lalitha,

what to do some of us have bad clock running inside:(

Pooh,

how is everything? does Z wake up along with you?

girls,

arrrghhh i still can't make it:( last night i went to bed at 12.30 because i had to finish the craft project for DS' pre-school, then i had to wash the grinder and hang clothes. children went to bed at 8 and i don't know how those 4+ hrs flew past:( this morning i kept the alarm at 5.30 but could wake up only an hour later. my eyes were begging me to close for a little more... today i'm going to hit bed early irrespective of whatever pending tasks.

whenever i have such half-baked sleep a nap in the afternoon becomes a must. okay good luck for tonight:)

2. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

latha, mostly she is asleep wen i leave :((((
    now since 4 days she has been having extremely patchy night sleep. i am not sure whether its coz i started to work... its taking a toll on me, and everyday we have arguements whether to continue the job or no...
    its tiring!
    the sad part is i cant even wish her a good morning or a goodbye... :(

3. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Hey all .... I was an early riser until DD was born. But because of her crankiness at nights, I am not able to sleep and end up sleeping in the morning. This is taking a toll on me as I have started to work full time.

Latha/Pooh - DD never used to get up when I leave to office, but these days she gets up with me, whatever the time. And she says bye, with a sad face, though !!

4. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Janani, my hands are better now :) Ya i will be careful, promise :)
    I wokeup by 7am :(( I want real kicks now :((((((((((

5. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

Pon if i were at home i wld also laze..... office makes me get up early ...no choice...lol....

6. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Pooh,

this is precisely DH's logic too. he says i take life easily because i don't have to run to work:( you know what i don't know now if my claims are true or not - ever since i became a mom no hours of sleep is adequate:( i suppose it takes some time to adapt and come back to our normal sleeping habits. even now, as the kids sleep in their own room, i wake up now n then to imaginary cries:( i rush to see if the kids are doing good. arrghhh

today got up early at 6.15 but the children too woke up with me. so now i'm back to clean the kitchen sink before going to bed routine:( tomorrow i must wake up early... DS needs lunch box. my target is 5.30. will update you all:)

Latha

7. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Just what is going on here, some of us like to wake up after 7:30am on weekdays and after 9:30am on weekends and you folks want us to feel guilty :rant

LOL! Carry on the de-snoozing :rotfl

8. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

latha- mommy, babies do take toll on our sleep!!!!!! and u have 2!!!! and i go nuts taking care of 1....lol.... let me tell you, i have done both, and i feel being a SAHM is much more demanding ! hugs latha.... give him a nice piece of mind nxt time he tells u something, LOL LOL

9. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

hey girls, you all are here... I am so much in need of inpiration on waking up early.. I have changed my work timings (some of you know).. so I have to be at work by 6am.. :((( my choice! this new timing started from yest.. wake up at 4:30am, get ready, load washing machine, boil milk, pick up cereals for my early breakfast, leave home by 5:10.. reach off at 5:50am ('no traffic' is helping me) back home by 4:15pm.. spend time with DS and my mom.. tidy the house a little bit, cook dinner by 7pm. put DS to sleep by 8:30pm or max 9pm.. wash necessary vessels and clean up kitchen for mom to use next morning.. retire in bed reading a magazine till max 10:30pm.. hmmm I sooo hope this schedule works out well.. This early start gives soooo much time you know.. I have done so much work at office now, but it is not even mid day.. feels so nice.. DH feels bad that I have to work with this timing but looks happy that I am home when he gets back from work..

I know an elderly person (close family friend) who is a doctor and works till midnight.. there are days when he goes home after midnight for a light dinner and continues to write pages and pages on some learning, make some business plans till 3 or 4am.. sleeps till 7 or 8am.. and back on toes looking very fresh.. he knows he wont get to sleep until 3am next day.. but still he will not show any signs to tiredness.. if it was me.. after that 4 hours of sleep.. I would look for an opportunity (will literally want to see a bed and pillow :)) to sleep as early as possible or atleast try to take a aft. nap.. this man says if he slept for 4 hours on monday, he doesnt want to compensate it the next day (I normally try to do that), because that day is over.. so the next day is new and sleep only for that day, some years back he said dont sleep for 12 hours the next day saying you lost about 6 hrs of sleep the prev day.. hahhahaaa that is coming useful to me now.

girls, help me follow this routine.. I will update here now and then as to how this schedule is going..

10. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Dear Pon,
    Slowly try to set to wake and an earlier imee, no hassles, you cannot get there in a day!!!

Latha,
    take i easy dear, it is tough to manage in some days!

Pooh,
    you are out so early!! Wake up time must be early then!

Arthi,
    Atta girl! Waking up that early is no joke! Catch a wink when you can!
    Good luck!