1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Vomit while travel

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by nutty_witty, May 7, 2010.

1. laksha1

laksha1 New IL'ite

hi,
    i ve that problem too.during my travel i use to have chocolates else sit in open air and have deep breath or may smell flowers or lime.it controls vomiting.
    instead of using pills.it helps a lot.have a little try.:thumbsup

2. shailytrivedi

shailytrivedi Senior IL'ite

hi

my DD has motion sickness even if we travel(by road) for 20 min she vomits....its a real problem and I feel so difficult for here too. she is just 17th months now so my doctor suggested not to give her too much medication....plz suggest some home remedies......

thanks
    shaily

3. redapple

redapple Senior IL'ite

Hi shilytrivedi,

If you have 5 seater car, make sure your DD car seat is in the middle of the row.. not close to the window..that way they can look into the road straight which makes them comfortable and motion sickness also reduced...

Also engage her with some activities while she's on the road like some toys so that she is comfortable. Avoid too much of oil or ghee foods before travel...

hope she over comes it...

4. shailytrivedi

shailytrivedi Senior IL'ite

hi redapple

thank you for your reply..
    we do have a 5 seater car but the car seat for my DD is front facing...so is it safe for a child's carseat to be in middle???
    we do try to engage her in activities or talk to her but nothing seems to work, she sits so quietly in her seat that she won't even smile....would take no interest in anything that we say..may be she feels so bad as soon as she sits in the car.

thank you so much
    shaily