1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Voluntary work/Community work on H4?

Discussion in 'H4 Indian Ladies' started by deepshikha, Oct 31, 2007.

1. suryaveda

suryaveda New IL'ite

anybody doing voluntary service from dublin,ohio. please let me know..i too interested todo...

thnk u

2. goodfreind

goodfreind Senior IL'ite

Re: Anyone on H4 doing voluntary work?

can jpin school ma.... easy for u an dkid

3. neetu

neetu Junior IL'ite

Can anyone suggest some international level organizations other than Red Cross to volunteer at?

4. anithak

anithak New IL'ite

Re: want to volunteer!!!please help

Hi,

This is Anitha from Richmond.Am also facing the same problem.Am in H4 and I really wanted to work.So if you people get any information help me out...

5. anithak

anithak New IL'ite

Hi,

Am Anitha living in Richmond VA.i too have the same problem of getting job as am in H4.plz help me out.

cheers,
    Ani

6. Shri28

Shri28 New IL'ite

Hi Anita,

As everyone said, you can try in local library or hospitals. They have data entry works too. If you want to work in your field later, try to find volunteer position that suits your area. That way, you get some good experience to put on your resume and also references which are really very valuable when you start looking for job in US.

Good luck
    Shri

7. gayatri310

gayatri310 New IL'ite

I work in local elementary school library for all 5days in a week for half a day and I like it.Though they dont pay you can qualify for a substitution teacher at a later stage and also it helps you to explore education styles in US.

Check out local hospitals , they need lot of volunteers all the time if you can work with sick people.

Gayatri

8. Jooo

Jooo New IL'ite

Hi all,

I am new to US. I stay in fremont, Bay area.can you suggest some sites where i can find some volunteer work? I am a computer engineer :(

SO could be good if i am able to find something in my line.

Could you please help?

Regards
    Jo

9. Darshikasolanki

Darshikasolanki New IL'ite

Hi i also want to do volunteer work.I did my B.E.in Instrumentation.I have 2 yr.exp.Can anybody tell me some institute or university?Thanks.

10. sonalsingh

sonalsingh New IL'ite

hey all i am new to ils , first of all a very big hello to all here,i really appreciate all the helping hands here ,awsome.

i got married in april 09, then i came here (NJ), i have no work exp,i really need to work or study ,i am a master in biotech and i have been in search of job from four months if anybody could help me in sending links and all it would be really helpfull .

it vl save my marriage too,lots of things are there but please any body can help me ,i am also studying for TOEFL and will give in jan2010 ,but for time being i really need to do job to bear my expenses ,my hubs is there but he want to see me if i am any worth of not ,god knows what he thinks but rite now i want to do some thing otherwise i will be sent back to india,i really love my husband ,its going long i vl post a new forum call save my marriage in that u can read my pbs