Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by chanchitra, Jun 25, 2021.
Vismaya sought counselling; mystery deepens as police find Kiran's statement suspicious
Also remember Lavanya Lahari... she was an IT woman... why are they taking thier lives, how come that is the 'solution' they find?.. its faar from being a solution.
Completely agree with romanticizing anger issues, addiction and poor judgment in young guys is not something anyone want to praise in the movie.. BUT I am fascinated that everyone who bashes this movie never talks about these points -
1. The girl's father who caught his daughter and her boy friend kissing on terrace and later learning about their relationship, how involved they are - does not even think for a second that he has to respect his daughter's choice and be understanding.
2. The father can cite caste, economic backgrounds being different and the guy's character not being good to reject the guy who comes with marriage proposal BUT he will conveniently forgets that his own daughter is in love with this guy.
3. In the whole movie it was never showed that the guy was unsupportive of the girl's career or independence. In fact they both pursue their careers and then talk to parents about marriage.
4. In one scene the girl slaps him in public when the guy throws a anger tantrum at her. I am sure the same girl will teach him a lesson if he starts abusing her after marriage. The guy gave her that space in that relation... On the other hand what did the parents give the girl ?? Fix her marriage to someone else the moment they came to know of her relationship? what kind of knee jerk reaction is that to get your daughter married to another guy who is a stranger to her ? So in parents opinion, she cannot sleep with her lover but in 3 days she will get married and very likely sleep with her husband in that loveless marriage?
4. The whole scene where the girl is slapped by the guy is more of a slap to the parent's screwed up moral values, upbringing, society and patriarchy and for raising our girls to not speak for ourselves.. Why the girl did not speak up to her parents, leave the house or resist the marriage ?? The parents are 90% cause for the whole situation with her. I do not like the movie or the hero but the girl's side story just holds the mirror to our society.
That girl probably got into the relation with the guy who basically bullied her into it for the same reason she cannot explain her point of view to her own parents and family !!
If she had at least completed her studies and worked, she might have taken a better decision rather to kill herself. How sad..the education and orthodox parents did not help her..parents are partially responsible for the girl's suicide. If the mother had provided a moral support and kept her under her supervision when she was going through a stressfull marriage, she would have been alive. No one would take their life knowing someone is there to help them. Indian mom keep telling their daughters to adjust and live with their husband however badly they get treated. The thought of daughters belong to another house after marriage should change.