1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

visitors from india

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by rojamalar, May 7, 2010.

1. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Roja ma'm,
    Just opinion right!!Like you have yours, she might have hers. Everybody has right to share their opinions. If she is decisive, ignorance is a bliss. As she is your sister, you can't really fight for some unnecessary issue. We can't change India or US.
    I dont think everybody from India will have this kind of opinion.Here also lot of ppl who likes other countries too. This is not only a sign of insecurity but may be patriotism too.

2. Gooseberry

Gooseberry Senior IL'ite

No! I don't think all are like this. Anyway, just listen to her and forget it. Why bother? You can anyway not prove which country is 100% better over the other. For people who get used to one place, in your sister's case...India, they find it hard to adjust to new place and complain. May be if she lives here longer she will get used to ways here and start liking this place. Most of us did not like US when we first came because we have friends and family back there and felt very lonely here but eventually we all made friends and learned the ways of life here and started liking US.
    So, it is a matter of habit. If you are used to something/someplace you will obviously like it better over the other.

3. APassionateOne

APassionateOne New IL'ite

I have had exact same experience past July. My sister who lives in Europe came to visit me in US here. At that time she had a 4 yr old (I had a 4 yr old) and a 5 month old baby. She was stressed out and this vacation was supposed to be an escape for her.

But the moment she came, she began to get irritated at every thing, snapping back sharply at our comments etc. My husband and I watch a lot of TV (news etc), so we were asking her about her country's politics, best singer, recent events etc that we know. She was so busy with her house and kids, she didn't know about anything on news. When we expressed something like 'oh..you don't know...actually what happened was...etc', she would be MAD as hell. She would yell that she is too busy, she doesn't have time etc. She used to see how much time we spend with our 4 yr old and feel sad about her 4 yr old (who also got that much attention, but it is a different scenario).

When we discussed about our decision of not having a second kid and gave our reasons, she would say something like "so you think, I had my second one for useless reasons..etc". She behaved so sensitively for everything...I was very scared even to talk to her, until her husband joined us and everything became normal.

We are very close and share everything. I don't know what happened when she was here in US, but she was like a total stranger!!!

So, I guess these things happen...

Last edited: May 11, 2010