1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Visitor Visa Questions & Doubts

Discussion in 'Immigration Matters' started by shams86, Nov 10, 2012.

1. shams86

shams86 Bronze IL'ite

Saw so many threads regarding Documents and Doubts on Visitor Visa. I wanted my parents to be in USA for a visit in Feb. I heard recently that all the procedures till visa interview booking dates all we can do up in USA itself while my parents are in India without any kind of money payments in Indian Banks like that for Visa interview. Is that true? If true please tell me the procedure. We already sent them the necessary documents for visa interview through Post but where as booking the visa interview date my parents have to pay money in Bank right ....that we can do it up in US or they have to do in India itself. As I said recently that also we can do up sitting in US itself...So please show me light on this topic. Thanks in advance...

2. soumya234

soumya234 Platinum IL'ite

I know only @ the changes they made for fee payment and also now the visa process to a 2 day procedure. One day for finger printing at a location other than the consulate and another day for interview.Click this link to see the details Apply for a U.S. Visa | Bank and Payment Options/Pay My Visa Fee - India (English) In the same page Locations has all the other details like bank location and stuff. Good Luck.

3. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

4. writeme

writeme Silver IL'ite

As Soumya mentioned in the earlier post, the visa procedures are changed now (from Sept 26, 2012). Its a two day procedure - on the first appointment, you need to go to VFS for finger printing, and on the second appointment day, visit the consulate for visa interview. You can submit the documents / application online.

For more info, check this website Apply for a U.S. Visa | Home - India (English)

5. babyblues2013

babyblues2013 Senior IL'ite

Hi Shams,
    You can Pay the visa now online through bank transfer. I'm planning to bring my parents next year in May, so we have done everything for them sitting in US. You can fillin the application online, pay fee through online transfers, get the fee reciept in your email and use that to get the appoinment dates, which you can take online as well.
    Your parents, just need all the required docs and take them while going for the actual interview. Like everyone else said, recently there has been a change in the process and it now includes 2 days, one for fingerprints and Photgraph verification and the secons day for the actual visa interview at the consulate.

1 person likes this.