1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

VISITOR VISA-is there a limit to no.of visas any one can sponsor

Discussion in 'Immigration Matters' started by Anuparas, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Anuparas

Anuparas New IL'ite

Hi All,
    I have a question regarding the number of visas any one can sponsor?
    SAy,My Dh is the bread winner, and he has already sponsored my parents,his parents and me and my daughter. Now he wants to sponsor visa for his sister and family for a summer vacation in coming years.
    he thinks it will get denied because he has already exceeded the number to sponsor. So he wants to take off my parents off the list as they have no plans to visit me in coming few years. I have my sister here and if needed,she can sponsor them too.Is that possible to take them off my Dh's list? I read in the web ,"its upto immigration department to keep or cancel thier visa".
    Please ladies ,i need answers and any help will be very appreciated. I dont want hurt feelings to my hubby or either of the families.
    Thanks in advance.
    Anu

2. aswini

aswini Senior IL'ite

I am not sure if I get your question correctly. I don't know what your husband meant by "taking your parents off the list" when they already have a visa. The sponsorer cannot cancel any visa. The immigration department has the right to cancel the visa but I don't think you request for cancellation. They cancel an existing visa if you overstayed or you apply for anothher visa in different category.

Also, I don't think there is a limit to the number of people one can sponsor. All that you have to show is you have the money (bank statement) to support their stay.
    Moreover, visitor's visa denial is mostly based on showing ties to the home country.

This is what I know about visitor's visa. I may be wrong.