Visiting Kov alam

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Reenae, Sep 20, 2007.

1. Reenae

Reenae Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,

I am very new to this site but already I think it is a superb one bringing lots of people together in thought.

I am planning a trip out to Kovalam soon and wonder if anyone out there can give me some tips on places to visit and what to do in and around Kovalam.

Thanks

chao

Reenae

2. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Hi Reenae,

I live in Trivandrum. Kovalam is a wonderful place to visit. You can just spend days on the beach. There is another cove Somatheeram a little away. You can try to go there too. I visited a beautiful hotel, I think it is Travancore resorts. It is super.

If interested, you can visit the Prasurama temple in Thiruvallam. It is the only temple dedicated to Lord Prasaurama. There is also a cave, Ashwathama Guha where it is believed that the Mahabharatha hero and immortal Ashwathama lives and prays.

You can also visit trivandrum city since it is just twenty minutes away. There you have the magnificent Sree PadmanabhaSwamy temple, RaviVarma Art Gallery, Kuthira Maligai. Another short trip could be the unspoilt Varkala beach.

Enjoy!

3. Reenae

Reenae Bronze IL'ite

Hi Vidya,

Thanks for the prompt response. Yes I am very much looking forward to my trip. I'd appreciate it if you can tell me if there are any upmarket stores in Kovalam or Trivandrum where I can purchase some gifts to return home with. BTW I live in London, UK. Also, tell me if it is possible to visit Ponmudi for a day trip.

Thanks again.

cheerio

Reenae

4. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

Dear Reenae,
    The Old Kovalam Has Been Lost To The Tsunami, And Now That Is There Is Pathetic, I Had Been Then In 1980 And The Wonderful Lapping Of Waves With Plenty Of Foreigners Taking Their Babies Into The Water Was All A Wonderful Sight, But Now When I Went There, That Is Two Years Back Nothing Of That Beauty There, The Wild Waves Are Lashing And Eating Up The Shore, So U Get To See It From A Great Height, But There Is A Wonderful Water Fall, Near Kanyakumari When On This Trip Try To Make It There, It Is Wonderful..sunkan

5. Reenae

Reenae Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for your response and the info. I appreciate it