Visiting Goa in June

Discussion in 'Goa' started by simrose, May 30, 2011.

1. simrose

simrose Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ladies,
    I'm planning to visit Goa during the 3rd week of June. I wanted expert suggestions here:

1. June being monsoon time, with the reviews I read it's mixture of good and bad. Yes, I want to go and play in the beach! Is it possible during that time. I personally thing June is the right time to enjoy in the beach as it won't be crowded. However, I also read that the beach shacks will be closed. In case they are closed, where can we find such items for same price.

2. Good place to stay. I'm looking for reasonable, economical accommodation where it would be safe for girls to stay. Home stay also will do if they are affordable. particularly looking for a relaxing accommodation. Goa is a place filled with resorts and hotels where it's really difficult to choose one among the rest.

3. Places to see around. We don't expect too much of travel. Just need a relaxing break from the hustle bustle of daily routine.

4. Place to have good food. Heard sea-food is in scarce during rainy season. Expecting good non-vegetarian food. It would be great if we can get sea-food for reasonable price.

5. Train service to Goa from Bangalore. All I get to know is there's a Friday train which comes from Chennai. We are planning to go on a Thursday! Else the option we have is KSRTC bus.

6. Hiring a bike in Goa. Where and what is the procedure to hire a bike in Goa.

7. Anything else you would suggest while at Goa.

2. pooo333

pooo333 New IL'ite

Hi dear,
    [JUSTIFY] I m thinkimg of visiting malvan which is near goa in 2nd week of june . i want to visit the sindhudurg fort and the island whiich is near it . as there is privacy ther i want to enjoy the beach wearing a bikiny

3. simrose

simrose Bronze IL'ite

Hi ILities,

After lot of consideration, I dropped the idea of traveling to Goa in June 3rd week. I haven't considered any other places either. Thanks for your suggestions. I would use them for my future trip to Goa. I'm thinking August will be less of rainfall somehow.

Do let me know if you have any more suggestions on Goa trip.

4. parkerwilliam

parkerwilliam New IL'ite

This idea which you are sharing is great..I will apply this formula when I will visit Goa..:rotfl

5. sugarnspice

sugarnspice Bronze IL'ite

Hi, For those planning a visit to Goa, monsoon is not a good time due to rough seas, beach shacks, cafes closed due to lack of tourists, local and foreign. Hotels may be cheaper, since it is off season. But some of the tourist attractions like the flea markets may not be available.

6. simrose

simrose Bronze IL'ite

Thanks SugarnSpice

7. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Goa has affordable homes for all. Luxury resorts, bungalows, cottages, home stays, hotels as per your budget. It is not so easy to get a booking in these places if you are going during peak holiday times. Owners keep their flats for the affluent tourist and we cannot blame them as this is the only time they get to make big money. Year ends, carnivals are the best times if you like crowd and fun.

Apart from beaches, you also have churches and temples. The flea markets in Bagha beach and the night discos and clubs are also inviting. You have a problem though if you are a vegetarian. You may have to come to Calangute to sink veg food in THE PLANTAINS and one more veg restaurant whose name is not in my mind now.

8. gmengg

gmengg New IL'ite

Its good to visit Goa in end of June or in July.