Visit to orphanage on March 29, Confirm here!!!!

Discussion in 'Chennai' started by latamurali, Mar 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Dear Srini

U r most Welcome.........we have fixed mimimum amount as 250.......u can give whatever u feel like.............U can either directly post it to GOOD LIFE CENTRE....or else pls wait we will give u any of our bank A/c number , u can transfer in it........pls wait........

And see the details about the HOME in - HAPPY BIRTHDAY KRISHNA - thread......

2. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Dear friends.........

1. Janani
    2. Varloo
    3. Shanvy and Vysan
    4. LataMurali
    5. AnithaA
    6. RajmiArun
    7. Padmavati m.
    8. Vijikrishnan
    9. Eljaypee
    10. Sindhu
    11. Hasita
    12.Honeytha
    13. Sowminivibu
    14. Vidya24
    15. Meenaneelakantan.
    16.Aishu22
    17.Ramya Varadharajan
    18.slp807
    19.Sunkan
    20.Rogo
    21.Bhooma
    22.Lakshmi1945
    23.Sriniketan

3. hasita

hasita Bronze IL'ite

hi Gals,

The reason I asked whether there were only nuns caring for the little ones, or even young girls, is so that i might bring few dresses for them.

Girls will take these happily. I usually give my dresses which are in fairly good condition in Mother Teresa's ashram, once here in Chennai, else in Mumbai i used to go regularly. The nuns there accept these readily, as there are young girls who look after the kids. Most of the time, these girls are the ones who have grown up in the ashram/orphanage as they were never adopted by anyone.

Thanks for informing..
    best,
    hasita

4. hasita

hasita Bronze IL'ite

hey Lata,
    If you want to contact all the IL members in Chennai to join in.. why don't you pm them? I think you can check out with IndusLady or any of the moderators whether you (or they, depending on administrator rights) can send a "group PM" to all Chennai-based members.

Hope this helps..
    best,
    hasita

Lata,
    I've PM'ed Malathy (IndusLady) with the query.
    Hope it can be done.
    best,
    hasita

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2008
  5. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Dear Hasita..thank u yaar.thank you for everything...........yes there are girls .....who will take care of young ones.........they will be aorund 18 and they will also accept ur clothes..........so glad to her....actually i gave only my son's clothes and didnt take any girlie dress......but i saw some of them there............so very nice of u.......bring them without fail............

And, hope, janani would have PM to all chennaites..........if not i will remind her...........

6. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hai,
    glad to know that many members are coming. really glad. And sincerely pray that all are able to make it , God I pray to you.
    I am also planning to bring girls dresses.
    And biscuits and dates etc. These can be preserved for some days and used up.

7. rs18

rs18 Senior IL'ite

Hi All,

BowVery Good start from the IL'tes this year..........Keep it up. even i wish to join the same but alas, Appraisal Month & iam needed at my office very badly . Pray god that i could make up to meet the children and my fellow lites on 29.

Last year we both ( me & sis) offered lunch for the children at udhavum ullangal at Adambakkam. i felt immensly touched for the little hands who prayed for my parents soul to rest in peace.

Friends i shall try my best to come , Pls accept my contribution of Rs 500 for the same. kindly let me know where could i send the cheque/cash posted.

Cheers
    Ramya

8. Bhooma

Bhooma Bronze IL'ite

Hope my name is included in the list .

Lakshmi1945 and myself will be coming from Adyar. Any other Adyarites/RK Puram/Mylapore ILite wanting to join?

We shall be contributing 250 each as suggested by Janani.

Lata Murali- do you know if there is any super market around the area so that I can request them to send the rice and dal direct to the orphanage .. instead of lugging it all the way from Adyar ?

Bhooma

9. Meenaneelakantan

Meenaneelakantan Bronze IL'ite

Dear Bhooma ma'am

I think i can give u answer for ur ques as i am little bit familiar with Tambaram area n as Lata ma'am is not seen online now...
    Yeah it is a market area....I guess that orphanage is nearby the bus stand where 21G buses can be spotted...Yours is a good idea to give in orders to shops nearby rather than lugging them from a far off place...
    If i am wrong in guiding u i am sorry.. Lata ma'am will come n give you the correct info...

10. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Hi Lata,
    Count me in. Let me know the adddress details.

Bhooma,
    I will also come from Adyar. Kepp me posted on the travel plans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.