1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Visit to NY

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by ssubhasr, Feb 29, 2008.

1. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Hi all

Does anyone know how we can book the tickets online to visit "Liberty Statue" and "Wax Museum" at Time Square in NewYork ?

2. shine82

shine82 New IL'ite

Hi

For booking tickets for statue of liberty, you can just visit their website (try googling it), and book tickets online, as there are fixed timings of the ferries and stuff, so its better to book them in advanced.

Rest, for empire state and Madame Tussauds, you can just walk up their and buy tickets right there, no need to book online for these.

3. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Subha,

Wax Musuem is very near like 35minutes for us in van, i can give you some information on that.

As our ILite said you can purchase ticket direclty at the counter for Wax Musuem
    (29$).

check this site for statue of liberty details: Statue of Liberty National Monument - Operating Hours & Seasons (U.S. National Park Service)

We even got details from online and purchase tickets directly as it is very near from our place.

All the best.

4. Rogo

Rogo New IL'ite

Hi Subha,

If you are going to visit the Statue ,Pls go from New York side.
    As you probaby know ,you can reach the island either from New York side and New Jersey side.
    If you go from New York side ,you have to go from Battery park and you have to wait a little bit longer for the ferry.But beleive me it is worth it. The buildings and the park view are very beautiful.
    Below is the site which u can use to reserve .

Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island - Official Tickets & Tours - Guaranteed Lowest Price

Also when u book online ,you get Monument pass ,which allows u inside the Statue.

This battery park is near to Wall Street, W2C ..so u can just walk few blocks to visit these places to ...
    Enjoy u r trip to NY !...

5. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Shine, Usha, Rogo

Thank you very much......I wil try to book the tickets.....BowBowBow

6. Mythraeyi

Mythraeyi Silver IL'ite

Hi,

you can try to get a new york city pass which will give you discounted admission to all these places + a number of other museums and attractions. i think it also includes a subway ticket for the day. We purchased it and it was very useful, also you don't have to wait in queues to buy tickets and can go directly to the attraction, which saves a lot of time, esp at crowded attractions like statue of liberty, empire state building etc.

7. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Hi Mythraeyi,

Can u pl let me know more about the New York City Pass ?

8. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Hi all

I tried to book the tickets for Statue of Liberty on 25th April....But it seems the Monument pass is not available on that day and the ticket currently available has the access to Liberty Island and Ellis Island, including the grounds of Liberty Island and the Ellis Island Immigration Museum.
    Shall we get ticket/pass to the Monument after going there ? (This ticket is from NY)

And what are all the other places which we can visit in one day ?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2008
  9. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Y no reply ?!!! :-(

10. Lily

Lily New IL'ite

I think you have to go very early in the morning to get that pass ...my friends went before 9 I guess ..try that way