Visit to Goa

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Reenae, Jan 14, 2008.

1. teju

teju Senior IL'ite

Hi Sindhu
    Thanks a lot!! I am planning to visit in May. So hopefully I will be right on time.
    Can you please let me know which is the least crowded but easily accessible beach?

2. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Hi Teju:

The least crowded beaches according to me are in South Goa. The ones that immediately come to mind are Varca and Palolem. If it is just to visit, then accessibility should not be a problem. Palolem is about 1.5 hour's drive from Panjim. Varca - maybe an hour.

But to stay in these places and then go around to other places maybe a little bit of a problem.

Have a lovely time.

Sindhu

3. teju

teju Senior IL'ite

Thanks a lot, Sindhu.

4. teju

teju Senior IL'ite

hi All,
    I am back with another question:
    How do I book the hotels? Say Calangute Residency. Will rooms be available when I land there without booking? Or should I book in advance?

Malspie - you had adviced me to stay at Calangute as its the heart of Goa. you also mentioned that many hotels are available. I need to know if I should book in advance.

Thanks for your help.
    Teju

5. teju

teju Senior IL'ite

Hi All,
    Thanks to all of your help :) I had a wonderful trip to Goa. I am back with everlasting memories and desires to back again and again. It was fun filled trip, We went for four days, sightseeing was for two half days, not all strenous. Rest of the days we were lazing around in the beach and of course shopping. Yes bought kaju and imli chocolate :) lots of clothes, they are damn cheap and lots of variety to choose.
    The most unforgettable experience was the boat cruise on Mandovi river. It was fantastic!!!!
    Thanks to you all dear ILites for your suggestions and all the help.

6. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

HI Teju:

Good to know that you had a good time. Glad you liked it. Do you want to visit Goa again?

We visit every year and my husband can't seem to get enough of Goa!

Last edited: May 7, 2008
  7. Senorita

Senorita Silver IL'ite

Hi,

My DH like to visit Goa at least once in a year.. Its wonderful and lovely place for all de occasions.. But recently there was lot of news on Goa that is becoming very danger for Ladies to go around especially alone..

Otherwise its very cooooolllllll place.... :)

8. teju

teju Senior IL'ite

yes Sindhu, my husband has already planned what to do and not to do for the next trip to Goa :) we are very eager...

Senorita - Me alone in Goa - never. esp after Scarlett's death. But with husband or family it will be again and again :)

9. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Hi Teju / Senorita:

It is sad that Goa will now be banded alongwith other places which are not safe for lone women travellers. In Rajasthan, incidents with women seem to be happening with astonishing regularity.

Even prior to the Scarlett incident, Goa has been slightly famous / infamous for rave parties, drugs available easily, etc.

I do hope the authorities take some action and make it a safe tourist place.

Sindhu

10. jaykay

jaykay Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    Many have given you great tips.

Dont miss Palolem beach at any cost, the water is buoyant there and floating is bliss!!

We drove from pune to goa and it was excellent. If possible you can hire a car for your use so that you can visit all beaches at your pace.

Try all the Goan food items!! I especially liked a sweet called Bebinka (made using coconut milk and eggs)

Dont buy any clothes there.....the Tshirts that we picked up were of very poor quality.

Enjoy your trip and post us about all the fun you had!!

Jaykay