1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Visa Problem..Urgent!!

Discussion in 'Immigration Matters' started by Abhimahi, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Abhimahi

Abhimahi New IL'ite

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><th style="vertical-align: top; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); text-align: left; padding: 7px 9px; border-top: 1px solid rgb(238, 238, 238);">
    </th> <td style="vertical-align: top; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); width: 60%; padding: 7px 9px 7px 0pt; border-top: 1px solid rgb(238, 238, 238);"> Hi Ladies

I m in US under H4 visa and my husband is in H1b. We r planning to process visitor's visa for my parents. My question is , Is it compulsory to show my passport and birth certificate? as the documents.. B'cos my mothers name in my passport and my birth certificate are different. Will it be ok if we just show the name change of my mother as notary certificate? OR is there any option that my husband can sponsor them without my passport? Wat is the best thing to do? I m pregnant and due in march. Have no much time left..and i really wish my parents come here. Plz reply and help. Thanks in advance
    </td></tr></tbody></table>

2. inlovewithmylyf

inlovewithmylyf Platinum IL'ite

I think notary certificate will do... Anyways, the visa officer is not going to check all tht... They just need to carry it with them for the interview, thts it...

1 person likes this.
  3. inlovewithmylyf

inlovewithmylyf Platinum IL'ite

4. SSC

SSC Platinum IL'ite

I dont understand why you/your H have to give your birth certificates. A complete copy of your passport, with all the empty pages too, along with an invitation letter, your bank statements, a couple of paystubs, your address, and a client letter if possible (to show that you / your H is currently employed)

For your mom's name change, ask her carry an ID with both names, and then a notary public document to say, that her name has been changed!

2 people like this.
  5. vibhaRam

vibhaRam Junior IL'ite

we did not provide birth certificate.
    It is not necessary.

1 person likes this.
  6. Abhimahi

Abhimahi New IL'ite

Thx for ur answer. In the link too, it shows we need to carry birth certificate. I guess i will ask them to carry it and show then only if they ask for it. Moreover i asked my parents to get the notary saying both xxx and xxxx r same. Hope it goes well

7. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

This is a slightly different case but my mother many years ago was denied a USA passport because the name she was using (middle name) did not reflect her first name (which she never used anywhere but was on her birth certificate). We had to get signed and notarized documents from her mother who was still living in order to get her passport. I think you need notarized documentation to prove the names and your mother should carry it with her. It would be bad if she is turned away at the last minute. I have a current passport but on my mom's death I had the lawyer draw up papers to say who my mom was as she is not listed by name on my legal birth certificate (it was listed as Mr. and Mrs. Father's Name).