Village Boy rockets to NASA

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by kamdev1, Sep 23, 2013.

1. kamdev1

kamdev1 Silver IL'ite

First there was Kalpana Chawla, the Indian-American astronaut whose roots were in Karnal, Haryana. Now there’s 19-year-old Ashish Yadav from the state’s backwater town of Narnaul who’s on his way to the National Aeronautic Space Administration (NASA) of the United States. Yadav is among the three students selected from India for a three-year astronaut training programme in America, the entire cost of which will be taken care of by NASA. Yadav leaves next month.

“My dream was to go into space since childhood and that’s why I took physics, chemistry and biology with mathematics as subjects in high school,” says the astronaut- in- the- making. “Initially, I had set a target for myself to become a doctor, inspired by my cousin brother who is a doctor.

I appeared for Pre Medical Examination (PMT) this year after completing Class 12th with 84 per cent marks from Saraswati Vidya Mandir Higher Secondary School in Nangal Chaudhry village of Mahendragarh district. I was ranked 37th in India,” says Yadav.
    Source - http://in.news.yahoo.com/village-gen...080232655.html
    :thumbsup

1 person likes this.