1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Vigyani- serial story

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Tamildownunder, May 10, 2007.

1. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Thank you Kamala. Your FBs have been a tonic to me to write. Regarding this story I was amused to find a coincidence when I heard the Sun TV news yesterday. It is regarding the floods in Cauvery river in Karnataka and they have opened their two dams Krishnarajasagar and another and water level in Mettur dam is rising. If there is a natural soultion to the Cauvery water problem like this it is welcome.

Regarding my further writing, right now I am nearing the end of Nature's Fury also and I have started a new story titled, 'Foster Mother' in which I want to bring out the mixed feelings between two mothers, one real mother and the other a foster mother and the predicament of a son in between them. I hope you will like it.

Regards,

TDU

2. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Dear Tamil

"Vigyani" had a refreshingly different theme and you made it read like a real good thriller. I enjoyed reading it.
    I have to agree with Kamla that the concluding episodes were more racy and engrossing.
    Most of all , i must thank you for your conviction that women readers ( this being a predominantly ladies site) can also appreciate topical and scientific sounding stories and not just Man_Woman, DIL-MIL tales.

With Kaveri presently in spate, the ending sounded very realistic !
    Hope the CM's promise dint turn out to be empty rhetoric ; hope Raman succeded in realising his dream of establishing a science college for poor students. Like he very truely says, we have satellite communication systems and touch screen i-phones, but no basic amenities in our villages.

And Tamil, another coincidence with ref. to Raman's dream. Just yesterday, "The Hindu " carried an inspiring report about the first Tribal University called Kalinga Institute of Social Sciences in Bhubaneswar set up by a visionsary philanthropist named Achyuthanand Samantha. It is high tech residential facility catering to children picked from the most remote and inaccessible tribal backyards of Orissa. The children are reported to be showing spectacular results. Do read about it, you will find it heartwarming.

Thanks for the nice story.
    With rgds and Good wishes
    manjula

3. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Dear Manjula,

As I have told before it is your positive and encouraging feedbacks that inspired me to continue to write not only this story but also other stories and poems. You have a very positive outlook and I wish other women in IL follow you. As you have rightly said, I find many women getting pre-occupied with MIL-DIL or other cliche terms like seeking identity. I feel that this shows mainly their insecurity and inferior feelings. I am for women to become like Bharathi's Pudumai Penn. I find modern Indian women equally adept if not better than men in many fields including science. Our former President Abdul Kalam's felicitation of ten best women scientists can be cited as an example. Yesterday, I went through some exhibits in our laboratory in which I felt proud to see the citing of Kalpana Chawla as one of the main contributors in science in U.S.

Regarding my lineage in writing, when I looked into our family tree, I was surprised to find that I am related to some great writers in Tamil. A. Madhaviar who is credited with having written the first Tamil Novel ('Padmavathi Sarithram') and P.N. Appusamy who is also well known writer are both closely related to my father. My wife's side has relationship of the legendary R.K. Narayanan, R.K. Laxman (Mrs. Kamala Laxman, who was a social worker in Mumbai had visited our house). The eledest of R.K brothers, Sri. R.K.Balaram is my wife's uncle (Periamma's husband). This gives me lot of confidence in writing.

Regards,

TDU