1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Vidhya, We Miss You!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Varloo, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Dear Varloo,
    I was smilingly reading your post and enjoying your description...But lo!! the grief in your life brought tears to my eyes..
    I have no words to express my shock!! I had lost my best friend, 20 years ago, who was like my sister. Till to-day, I am trying to cope up with her loss. So I can clearly understand what you are going through.

I pray to God to give courage to your family, especially your mother to bear this unbearable loss. Vidhya,by donating her eyes,is still watching us from somewhere...seeing you reading this mail, may be!!

Regards
    USHA

2. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Sindhu,
    thanks for sharing my sorrow.

3. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Usha,
    actually it is double tragedy. I lost my friend Vidhya in 1987, just 17 days before my marriage. She too was 25 then and she and my sister shared the same zodiac sign. She used to tease my sister about the resemblence so much. And my sister died at the same age too, in 1997. So ' Vidhya' is very fondly remembered and missed very much.
    Thanks for the kind words.

4. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Dear Varloo,

Such a heart wrenching narrative.Couldn't stop the lump rising in my throat.

Loss of such magnitude is very hard to bear ......remember the happy days you had

with her and take consolation in the fact that her last days were made even more

happy with your efforts.Words have no meaning on such ocassions,but what else

can we do? Your whole family must have gone through so much agony at the

helplessness of not being able to do anything medically.Really sorry to read.

May God grant you strength and peace to the dear departed

Regards
    PAULINA.

5. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Varloo,

Please accept me as your friend in joining you in paying homage to one courageous lady--- VIDHYA

Vidhya lived a short life but her courage continues to live and inspire each one of us who read about her and try to understand the true essence of living to the fullest!!
    It is not the quantity of life that you live but the quality and she truly has left some wonderful memories for her near and dear ones, Something so inspirational even after a decade.

You must be vry proud to have had a sister like her and we are very thankful to you for introducing her to all of us and allowing us a peek into a very emotional part of your life.

God bless,

Devika

Last edited: Feb 25, 2008
  6. padmavathi m

padmavathi m Silver IL'ite

dear varloo,,,,,,,,,,,,,

there was so much grief within me after reading your tributes to your kadai kutty....................... i have no words to express my sorrow for VIDHYA........
    may her soul rest in peace.................
    even though we all are aware of law of nature............ birth and death,
    as humans we cannot accept death so easily especially, the ones who are so close to our hearts depart from you................

affectionately,
    padma

7. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Varloo,
    It was so touching and i felt grieved after reading your words.May her soul rest in peace.

8. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Varloo,

A nice tribute to your dear sis. And I really appreciate your gesture in donating her eyes.Bow

I can fully understand when a dear one passes away (we have lost our nephew aged 8 yrs last year and still to come out of it) I truly empathize with you.

May Her sould rest in Peace.

9. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Paulina,
    We take a little solace in the fact that we could make her last days happy, as she had wanted. And I always think of her strength, when I am down.
    Thank you for your kind words and being here with me.

10. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Devika,
    yes, you are my friends, that is why I have let my tears run down with out feeling ashamed amonst you. Your words are soothing and I feel at peace, accepting the will of God. But the scar is there and gives such pain when touched. That will be there till I live.
    Thanks for the company and understanding.