1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

very very dry skin (goes flaky and extremely dark) on underarms after waxing.

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by hey123hi, Mar 16, 2014.

1. hey123hi

hey123hi New IL'ite

Hi!
    After I have been waxed on my underarms, roughly a day after I develop very dry skin which is flaky, scaly (makes the area very dark) and uncomfortable:( Its strange as after roughly a week and a half the dry skin goes, but by then a few hairs have already started to grow back!
    Does anyone know how to prevent the dry skin occuring? Or why its happening?
    I get waxed in exactly the same way on my legs and upper lip and do not experiences this problem!

Thanks for any tips! Would be appreicated?
    P.S does this happen to anyone else?

2. han412

han412 Gold IL'ite

You could try applying honey to your underarms 10 mins before you take a bath and next day a homemade mask of turmeric, chandan powder and multani mitti.Do this for 1 month and then ask me I will give routine for next month.

1 person likes this.
  3. hey123hi

hey123hi New IL'ite

thanks for your reply!
    I will try that!
    Do you know how I can avoid getting the dry skin after waxing in the first place?
    Also, have you heard of this happening to anyone else?

4. coolsandy

coolsandy Gold IL'ite

I had this problem, too. But not @ underarms but on my forearms. Extremely dry skin. When I realized that, I changed my skin care routine, right from bathing to moisturizing. I have stopped using soap; apply oil to my skin before bath and use only home made bath powder. Apply moisturizer immediately. I constantly moisturize it as soon as I feel it is dry. I had my experiments to choose the right moisturizer for my skin. I am sticking to only one brand for the last four years as I am pretty comfortable with that. I even carry a small bottle of it in my handbag, always.

Do you apply any moisturizer immediately after waxing? Repeat applying until you feel it is normal. Sometimes gels and Lacto Calamine makes the skin dry. So, if at all you apply those two, avoid it. Dealing with dry skin takes it own time. Spend sometime for yourself and discover your skin.

5. hey123hi

hey123hi New IL'ite

So you would apply oil before showering? Which oil is the best? Doesnt the oil wash off when u shower? Also what do you use in your home made bath powder?
    I do moisturize after waxing then my skin is fine(just a bit red)
    but say roughly a day later, all of a sudden its extremely dry:(
    And normally my underarms are fine! Its just after waxing! I did try applying almond oil twice a day which worked for about 3 days but then the dryness still came:(

6. coolsandy

coolsandy Gold IL'ite

I have experimented with my oils too and refined cooking oil works for me. You can try Parachute or other hair oils. Whatever might suit your skin. Dry skin needs constant care - the only care is constant moisturizing.

Skin gets dry due to lack of essential oils and lack of needed moisture content and we cant help that. We have to deal with it. Deal it with proper care. Moisturize, moisturize and moisturize. It needs to be taken care like a new born.

7. coolsandy

coolsandy Gold IL'ite

So you would apply oil before showering? Yes. This is an old Indian tradition of bathing.
    Doesnt the oil wash off when u shower? Yes it does and it should. The sole intention of oiling is to ensure that the bath powder or soap does not make it more dry. Soap rips off all the skin moisture. Atleast in my case.

8. hey123hi

hey123hi New IL'ite

thanks very much for your help!
    How do you make your home made soap?

9. coolsandy

coolsandy Gold IL'ite

normal besan should do... or even a 1:1 combo of any type of rice variety + green gram(whole or split , with/without skin) - grind them in a flour mill or in your grinder. Whatever suits you. Again, there is no hard and fast rule for this. Basic idea is, such combo of flours do not contain artificial chemicals found in soaps. It is organic and can be altered to suit one's skin. I always prefer oiling before I apply this. I feel this suits me. Again, your choice.

Keep experimenting. If is after all organic, you see. You'll find your formula one day. Good Luck.

10. hey123hi

hey123hi New IL'ite

thanks! So just apply wet besan to my skin? Then wash?
    By the way, how did you learn such good english?