1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Very Unsocial Hubby

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by shama146, Jul 29, 2020.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I used to think that way only social people are having fun but no..fun depends from people to people.For that husband,he might find social interactions very draining and boring.He would prefer to do what he really likes whatever it may be.I know lot of people who love being home and are happy,relaxed.The wife should understand this.

Secondly,the wife should make the husband understand her interests are different and they should be a balance.From what you mentioned,this is not a big problem and hopefully can be tackled.

Tell them to communicate and find a balance.Just to keep up appearances the husband can come to parties once in a while and also leave a bit early.

shama146 and MaruthiRao like this.
  2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:@shama146
    During initial days after marriage, both may be willingly join social parties. After some years one of them start disliking while other continue to be interested. And finally hubby is tired, there are spouses in later stage complains spouse lost interest and he doesn’t take me out.
    So, I generalise that, in life it is possible between the couple interest to engage in hobnobbing diminishes in one while the other is getting it back.

Thanks and Regards.

shama146 and MaruthiRao like this.
  3. Sweety2019

Sweety2019 Silver IL'ite

If your friend has tried everything as other have said communicate, find balance etc.. and it has not changed anything then the reality is one spouse will have to give up and will get hurt.
    Trying small things to make them feel good,show what they are missing and join in, most times doesn't work because the wife arranging all this is already going in with the expectation that husband will atleast agree to do so much..
    If it is communicated and no improvement,ask her to let it go.. otherwise it will hurt even more.

Maybe as the kids grow she can go out more with them rather than her husband. So there is hope for that.

MaruthiRao and shama146 like this.
  4. shama146

shama146 Gold IL'ite

Thanks all for your replies. I have conveyed all the above points to her.
    She said she tried communicating in the best possible way, but nothing happened. Now she also feels that when kids are grown up she can enjoy with them.

Sweety2019 and Thyagarajan like this.
  5. Thyagarajan

:hello:so it is QED.

6. shama146

shama146 Gold IL'ite

QED ???? I didn't get it.

7. Thyagarajan

:hello:
    How do you use QED in a sentence?

I told you so!” No, not really. It should be written Q.E.D. It stands for the Latin phrase “Quod erat demonstrandum.” Properly translated it means “What was meant to be proved has been demonstrated”.

Thanks and Regards.

shama146 likes this.
  8. MaruthiRao

MaruthiRao Silver IL'ite

Absolutely!!