1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Very religious wife - major problem in my 8 years married life

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by wifesaddict, Oct 7, 2013.

1. wifesaddict

wifesaddict New IL'ite

Dear ladies,

This is mani from salem and i got married on 2005. my wife is so caring and a gem of my life. she has good name with my parents/relative/neighbours and my friends.

problem with her is, she is too religious and keep on workshipping all 7 days to different gods which has totally affected actual married life. but till today i am taking good care of her.

to change her mind i took her to chennai by finding new job there. but no improvment till today which is making me now a days to starve my eyes towards other girls/ladies.

kindly advise how to resolve this situation. i am totally confused.

Cheers,
    Mani

2. GodIsOne

GodIsOne Gold IL'ite

Did you talk to her about it?

3. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

You want to look around because your wife with a good name is praying all seven days of a week?
    How does it effect you? Does she force you to do the same?Does she refuse to be intimate when she prays...?Do you want her to be more 'modern'?

1 person likes this.
  4. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

I dont know why this situation reminds me of the movie "masti" and Aftaab Shivdadani's character.

But OP....
    if you meant that your wife is so religious that she neglects her responsibilities at home then i think its time you talked to her about it.

5. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Day and month?

1 person likes this.
  6. venkiis

venkiis Silver IL'ite

dude,

do you have kids. it reduces a lot .. you have got married pretty much the same time i did. 8 yrs of marriage. i can quite relate to what you mean, i guess u need to talk to her and make sure you mean it. i do not mean that threaten or something, but i guess you have to communicate. may be take a vacation.

it is quite funny, i see a similar thread by a women against her dh, and there was 10 proper replies and when the reverse happens, i see time pass replies. infact people are tying to mock. sucks... who am i judge, this forum itself is a indus ladies forum.

7. Titanium001

Titanium001 Silver IL'ite

May be your wife is performing the religious activities for a happy married life? For the well-being of the family? And you are finding this as an excuse to eye other girls? C'mon, she is only praying, not gambling or doing drugs. The key point is to communicate and let her know how you feel. Moreover if it involves any kind of fasting all 7 days a week, it may not be healthy for her body. Convey this to her, and see how it goes.

You are absolutely right Venki Sir. I also remember a similar thread by a lady, and there were more replies...proper ones as you say. That thread got more proper replies not because this is a ladies forum; it got more replies because she never said that due to her overly religious husband she was "starving her eyes towards other boys/men".

6 people like this.
  8. shama146

shama146 Gold IL'ite

I was about to post this...:exactly:

9. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Maybe you should join her in some of the religious pujas or whatever. This will bring you guys closer and eventually help your marriage life. Marriage is about doing things together and this can happen when both partners take interest and love in what the other likes. So initiate interest from your side.

10. positivegal

positivegal Gold IL'ite

Does she worship 24*7 :confused2: