Very odd question about maid during pregnancy

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by imhappy, Dec 11, 2015.

1. deepslikes

deepslikes Platinum IL'ite

Did I come across as picky or hurt? That was not the intention.
    I quoted that sentence because the rest of the paragraph was not relevant to my question.

My social circle is extremely limited so I was genuinely curious. In fact, none of my family or friends (except my husband) knew until I delivered a baby that I was even pregnant. So I did not get any advice from 'well-wishers' except from my ob-gyn.

2. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

You are coming to the phase (being pregnant and becoming a mother) where everyone think they have the right to tell you what you should eat/not eat, do/not do, to rest/to not rest etc. You are anyway the expert, your body, your choice. Listen to your body, if you feel tired take a rest, if you feel in good shape do whatever you want.

3. imhappy

imhappy Silver IL'ite

@CrayoNess I am not that good girl. :) I was just checking out what is the norm for today's women.

@deepslikes I am really sorry if I hurt you. Really sorry.
    I am surrounded by this kind of people, they are not really my group, because I can't mix up with them. Day to day activities of people near you makes you think, I am the odd one out? And in India everyone gets to know even if you get fever.Really sorry again.

4. momsky

momsky Gold IL'ite

I wish I can be happy doing household chores like you @imhappy...

As for me, i was told that high stress during pregnancy will make my baby too fussy and cry too much so i had extra help (i find house chores stressful)when i had my two boys but they still turned out like those..

We were new in Canada when I got pregnant with my 3rd one. My eldest was 2 1/2 yrs old and my second one was only 6 months then. I did not get any help at all and I thought I was gonna go crazy with stress, non-stop crying, non-stop food request from eldest son, second son crawling everywhere like on top of dining tables, sofa, etc... with all that stress, my baby girl still turned out like an angel and hardly cried and not so fussy at all.

2 people like this.
  5. deepslikes

deepslikes Platinum IL'ite

I am not hurt at all. Good luck with your TTC :thumbsup