1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Very Manipulative And Cunning Bil And His Wife....pissed Off To Handle Them

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Daffodil13, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Daffodil13

Daffodil13 Silver IL'ite

Hi all...

Sorry for long post. Please bear with me. Little background of me and my in laws before I explain current scenario:

I am married for almost 7 years and never had good terms with in laws. They always tried making my life hell...from the beginning my MIL use to hate me for no reason. I am qualified and working women but she expects me to just blindly follow her orders. She is such dominant person who wants to control me and my husband all time. My husband was also a mummy boy for initial 3 years which made my life so impossible. She creates rift between me and my husband. We use to fight a lot. My Fil is very manipulative and expects all time money from us. For the first 3 years my husband has given all savings to them and they bought some lands for it which are on their name. And my husband has sent all money which he earned before marriage I.e 6 years of savings in clearing debts of my in laws. When he entered my life he came with out single penny. As both were working we started buying household things one by one from our monthly salaries. So in short whatever we have now with us is complete our hard earned money and no one helped us. Even now our laws take money from us on and off. I am kind of used to it. My daughter is 5 years old now. When she is born and when she is in her early years, I was so worried to put her in day care and seeked my mil help. She refused to come and help. Instead she created lot of fuss. She never missed a chance to insult me and my parents in all these years. I asked my parents to stay away from her just to avoid them getting insulted. They always feel bad abt it. With all the bitter experiences I am keeping my self away from them now a days to be in peace. My husband has also understood and supporting now.

Now the problem is with my BIL and his wife. My BIL is very cunning and very smart. He has been working for last 8 years. He never gave a penny to my inlaws all these years and always acted smart saying that he has no money etc. my inlaws also never ask him money. They ask only us. They know that my husband can't so no. Their younger son always says them that he don't have money. Till now no one knows where he is spending all his earnings. My in laws think that their younger son is so innocent and doesn't know anything but we know what he is. He just acts like innocent but he is very smart.Recently 8 months back he got married. My mil got my BIL marriage with her own brothers daughter. So now they all became one man army. This new girl who got married to my BIL is also equally smart to act. She acts innocent same like her husband. And on top of it being she my mils own brother daughter..my mil is also very sweet to her. I was shocked to see my mil new avatar. All these years she harassed me to possible extent and now when it is with her younger dil she is sweet..which made me feel very bad and upset as why only me?? had to go through all suffering. I cursed my fate for this but left it out thinking it won't help me....
    Immediately after my BILs marriage he started looking for property in a city where we live. Here property needs min 70-80 L and he says he don't need loan and has all money in hand to buy...very shocking to us. But even after this incident my in laws are still blind to his smartness..there happened an incident just one week before his marriage and he accused me and my husband for no reason and said that we are money minded..I really don't understand how we are money minded when my husband spent 6 years of his savings and another 3 years of combined savings of ours on family...and insulted both his brother and me very badly by calling some bad words. Dealt with out any respect..so we both decided not to attend his marriage but my inlaws brain washed my husband saying family respect etc so we are forced to attend his wedding. He didn't say sorry nor tried to patch up from his end.

Current situation:
    My BILs wife has got job in same city and she moved in. They very well know that it will happen 2 months ahead but didn't search house. My mil called my husband and said that till they find a house, my BILs wife will stay with us. My husband even though he knows my current state can't say No for his mother . Sorry forgot to mention...I am 23 weeks pregnant and been put on cervix stitch 2 weeks back as it started funneling. Doc suggested complete bed rest as it is risky for me to reach full term in this state. My mom has come down to help me. My mil knows my current state even then he asked to keep SIL. I don't really understand how they can expect us to entertain such ppl ( BIL and his wife) who never showed any respect towards us..leave about respect. When I was admitted in hospital for cervix stitch which is done on emergency basis so my mom was not here. That day my daughter is in daycare and I am in hospital. Only my husband to take care of me. My husband requested his brother to bring my mother from bus stand..as city is new to my mom. My mom has come same day when I admitted but by evening...he simply declined saying he has some work and can't help even knowing my state in hospital. My husband has asked my friend to stay in hospital and he went to pick up my daughter and mother. I was very angry on my BIL. He can't help us when we are really in need ..but they in turn expect us to keep his wife in my house during my bed rest. This is heights....
    I can't say no to some one who are coming themselves to my house with out being invited...even though I don't like that girl and BIL I kept quiet. This girl has come down and never even once came to my room to say hi and ask about my health...I am staying in my bed room and not coming out. She being staying in my house she doesn't have min courtesy or manners to even say hi or ask abt my health. She doesn't talk to my mom also. She always stays in another bed room and my mom has to call her for meals. She just comes out, have meals and again back to another room. She doesn't help my mom even in small things like arranging plates on table etc...everything my mom has to do..

I can't understand how one can be so arrogant and head weighted staying in some others house...I really get angry seeing her face alone...I want to call my mil and tell her on how sil is behaving here but my husband is stopping me saying that it will only back fire you. My mil cannot support me against her younger dil becoz she is my mils brother daughter...so my husband is saying that they will make you only bad and asking me to leave it....but I am unable to ignore these recent incidents of my BIL not helping when I am in hospital and that girl that even showing min respect to us and on top of it staying in our house with out helping mom...it's all getting on my nerves during this critical pregnancy phase..

Need all ur suggestions to handle that girl and make her and my BIL realise that respect is give and take policy and don't expect others to help when you are not ready to help them in needy state..I also want to convey my mil abt her rude and head weighted her younger dil is and convey that I don't entertain such ppl in my house going forward....

Umanga likes this.

2. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Op...tell your husband to talk to fil and bil about this. He should ask bil on how long his wife will stay and what is he doing to find a place for her?

Inform him and inlaws that you both are right now in a tough situation because of your health and you both do not want unnecessary problems and hence spoiling of relations.

Start using the same excuse that bil gives for money problems.sSay you have money problems.

Maintain minimum contact with bil and family.

sindmani, Belacar and Daffodil13 like this.
  3. penpaal

penpaal Gold IL'ite

Is there any option like working women's hostel ? Your sil must be having colleagues who stays as paying guest or such apartments as a group . Ask your husband to discuss such options with bil .

4. Daffodil13

Daffodil13 Silver IL'ite

Thanks yellow mango...I tried speaking to my husband on this. My husband said BIL is looking for house and will soon move out once they find good one.
    And he also saying not to raise anything now and create more issues..

Even though I am not happy for that girl staying here, I am kind of ok. But her attitude of not having min manners and not helping my mom is making me more furious in this state. She is too arrogant and very head weighted and doesn't care to answer my mom even if my mom initiates talk. I am not initiating talk from my end as I know how her attitude is...

Compromising and adjusting for sometime for ppl who are really helpful for us is possible and I can adjust for it. But adjusting myself for such ppl who don't care to help us when needed mostly is mainly hurting me...why should I adjust for such ppl after all who doesn't care when I am on hospital...

Coming to money, now a days we are saying that we have expenses as I have a daughter, her education, my medical etc and expenses will boom with new born..

5. Daffodil13

Daffodil13 Silver IL'ite

Hi penpaal, thanks for ur suggestion..there are options for them to stay in PG or another close friends house of my BIL but my MIL suggested them to stay in our house. They have not called us and informed abt her stay. My mil called my husband and informed that they will come. My Mil feels offended if my sil stays in some others house even after having her elder son house in same city. She feels it as a prestige issue. I don't understand that how her prestige is more imp than my health condition. I can't talk to my Mil becoz she is very narrow minded and can never understand other point of view. For her, it is her decision and everyone has to follow it with out opposing. If we oppose , she will create lot of crying, black mail dramas at home and brain wash my husband which is where my husband is very afraid of it and wanted to avoid...

I have no option other than keeping her at home...but now main point is I want to make that girl and my BIL understand that if they want to stay here, learn min manners and respect towards others...and also she providing helping hands to my mom. She can't expect this as a hotel where she comes and stays in her room and doesn't help in any way..which is not acceptable. And secondly, I want to give a hint to my mil on how sil behaves at my home and we are not happy the way she is....but all this with out hurting them.

Umanga likes this.
  6. suasin

suasin Gold IL'ite

Dear Daffodil,

First on, congratulations and my wishes for a safe, healthy delivery. Keep calm, focus on the baby and be happy.

Reg your problem, your mother is here to help you. She is not your maid nor is your cosis a paying guest.. Ideally, if it were the elder cosis, mils will want US to take care of the pregnant one. Well..

Tell your mom to cook, feed the kid and you and come and sit ŵith you. Cosis can serve herself and clean the vessels and such. Your husband too., first ask him to do his work himself. Surely he wont be serving his sil? Do you have a maid? Get one.

Regarding money, its gone. Let it go. I say, we have paid even for the food they gave us when we were small. We dont owe them anything. It is common the older ones have 'plus ones'. We enter the family with a grownup son! Now atleast your H will know to say NO.

Its ok, you can tell her on her face, even if your mother and you wash her lingerie, you wont be the good dil. Moreover, a few months stay and asked to contribute in housework shouldn't 'hurt' a decent person.

Be calm and stick your finger/tongue out at stupid people and have a healthy baby.. Prayers with you.

7. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Op, Take care of your health .Your mom is with you for your rest and care. She is not a maid to serve your BIL- SIL. Your husband is acting like a culprit in all this and doing absolutely nothing. I don't think this stay is for a few weeks. Why will your BIL hurry to find a house. That's ********. You need to cut them off immediately or you will end up being a mess where poor BIL and SIL who are working will stop by for food before proceeding to their home from work.

You are already estranged from you in laws and BIL- SIL. What you do now wont make much more negative effect. Besides I don't think your MIL can afford to cut off your hubby seeing how their luxuries are met from him .When hubby is not there , call your SIL and tell her you cant afford to entertain them any longer as you are pregnant and mom is there to take care of you and not them. Put it bluntly. If she creates a fuss with your MIL tell her you said the same as she doesn't lift her finger and is downright mean . If MIL creates fuss with hubby tell him you cant take it and your mom is being taken for granted with you. Do it everyday to SIL and BIL both. If he abuses you tell him to leave . With or withour hubby's presence.

Next time during breakfast or lunch time, let your mom give you food , eat herself and come to you. If SIL comes out telling where is her food. Let your mom tell she didn't tell her to make food for her and besides she is there for you.

See whatever you do, your MIL will still favor SIL. When she is on receiving end , your MIL will realize. If SIL is working in your city, chances are you are looking at taking care of hubby- wife duo for a very long time. Your hubby wont utter a word and you will end up spending on these ingrates. Is it worth it. Keep on subtly hinting and push them out of the house. Being a bad DIL is better by choice rather than being branded bad DIL simply for the heck of it.Good Luck.

8. YoGirl

YoGirl Gold IL'ite

OP,

Looking at the way you are describing the problem, it feels as if you will never stand up against ur in-laws,bil, co-sis or husband. Everyone else is fine. Only you and your mom(from ur pov) are getting hit hard. If you dont stand up for yourself, no one will. Its YOUR HOUSE OP. You get to define the rules too even if you are on bedrest.
    Understand that your co-sis will stay at your house since she got job there. This setup happens very commonly.
    Put your grudges aside and see your co-sis.
    1. She is a female.
    2. New to city and new job.
    3. Immediate family is there(you).
    4. She is listening to in-laws, so obviously has huge support system.
    5. BIL is on her side.
    6. I am sure that she is equally frustrated to stay at a new place and to whom she doesn't gel well. She seems to be just going with the flow.

You can do 2 things here.
    1. Gather courage and stand up for yourself and tell your in-laws\BIL that it is difficult for you to look after your co-sis
    2. If you cant do above, then sincerely try to gel with her and get to know her and make her a part of your family. who knows, it might be a good thing. You will get to stay peacefully through rest of pregnancy and will acquire support through her.

Note: I feel that you should talk to her and not expect her to come and talk to you. She is guest(by will or by force) in your house. Its kind of rude to not to interact with her. Show your elderly instincts and take the first step.

9. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

OP - I just replied to your other thread. Your cervix is short and funneling. You can't take this stress. Make your doc talk to your husband and tell him that. It's your health and your baby's safety - your baby should come before this BIL.

sindmani and Daffodil13 like this.
  10. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Yes.people who act innocent, but manipulate every thing get good names.

Daffodil13 likes this.