1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Very Frustrated Angry On Dh

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Sapna56, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Sapna56

Sapna56 Bronze IL'ite

Hi
    I am in a very angry state on DH when m writing this. Actually today only I came to know that he is filing h1 visa for my SIL. My SIL came 1.5 yrs back on f1 for doing some silly course which doesn't require any talent. Since then we are bearing for her expenses. She cud get one year opt on that. It's been six months she's on opt and jobless. There are only six months left for her opt to expire. N now DH is planning to find someone to file her h1. I mean I don't understand. Within opt period she cudnt find her a job. N now DH will b paying for her h1.

2. vaas

vaas Bronze IL'ite

Do u have any issues with ur sil?
    Silly course which doesnt require talent. Honestly i hated this statement. She could have taken that out of interest.

Now a days, getting jobs on opt is becoming tough. Its the same case with h1b too. Employer can continue the h1b status where as u dont have that privilage for f1 visa.

I can say atleast 20-40% of f1 students would have faced the same situation. I.e no job for few months on opt. Its totally comon. I bet most of them would have applied for h1b through some consultancy.

If i was in same situation as ur husband, i might have done the same thing.

sindmani and KashmirFlower like this.
  3. Sapna56

Sapna56 Bronze IL'ite

If u see my previous posts u wud come to know how much troubles she has created in my marriage. And DH want those troubles to continue.

4. YoGirl

YoGirl Gold IL'ite

Any brother would help his sister with her career if possible. Put ur issues wil SIL aside for a sec... wouldnt you bank on ur brother if there is a need.. blood is thicker anytime..

And he would help/or completely pay for her wedding expenses too. That shouldnt come as a surprise to you..from another POV, if he is not sponsoring then u should b worried ..as she might sit idle for 6 more months or will start doing another course which will again keep her with you...

sindmani likes this.
  5. vaas

vaas Bronze IL'ite

Sorry i did not see ur previous posts.
    sorry i dint see ur previous posts.
    i think this is sensitive issue. if you stop ur husband from helping his sister, it may complicate the issue. ur sil may tell her parents that ur responsible all the mess and that would again cause further issues to you.

sindmani likes this.
  6. samsWait

samsWait Silver IL'ite

Your anger is probably fueling your thinking but getting a job in 6 months on OPT is not easy. With h1 becoming luck based no one is willing to sponsor so either asking for ga or if you already have h1. Do not worry a lot. Once has a job she will be busy and less into your lives