Very Disturbing Situation

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by BeautifulSmile, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

i find it disturbing, we say let the soul rest in peace, but we tend to make a circus of it.

i remember we had such a discussion in one of the threads, was it @SGBV's post about posting on fb..not sure..
    last year somebody at home passed away, and we have a few celeb from the performing arts, related distantly. when i shared the message of her passing away to them, they said, i will try to visit, but could you please take a picture of the body and send it to me by whatsapp so that i can have a last glimpse..(she lives in the same city). i refused saying, that it goes against my personal principles and they did come eventually in the same silks and well groomed look..and i was left wondering if that is the way it is now. (ofcourse dh said, that some wear silks everyday..and we are not the moral police here and the person in question is over 60 and when she requested this, it was kind of shocking to me)

I have learnt, to ignore if it does not go down well with me. there is no point in arguing, because the arguments then go to we never were allowed to cross 7 seas and now we work in the other side of bharatha kandam (a specific community believed that you are not supposed to cross 7 seas )

social communication, social networking, instant messaging are double edged swords..using them wisely is a art, some of us are not masters,. let it be..

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
    BeautifulSmile and jskls like this.