1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Very Cranky Baby

Discussion in 'Infants' started by akrutisyd, Dec 9, 2017.

1. akrutisyd

akrutisyd Senior IL'ite

Hi Ladies,
    My 1+ LO is cranky every day nights. Checked with doctors and they would say infants do cry upto 3 months. This night he feels so insecure. He is hardly closing eyes from past 24 hrs. Tried drops which were given by my paediatrition - Tums Up. This was for very very cranky baby. I used this and baby still doesn't sleep. Hope baby is restless. Can I go for doctor for any sedative? Or any natural ways of putting him to sleep. Tried changing diapers, clothing, room, bed, people holding, etc. No change. Only feeding time he is silent, but I cannot feed him for hrs, as overfeeding makes him puke and uncomfortable. Please suggest.

2. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

Pls don't give any sedative. No no Pls. Even my baby is cranky all night. Doctor told it is normal. Iam not giving any drops. This is doctors advice for me - Try to wear sweater and pants and keep him fully covered during nights . Even feet and hands should be covered. Change the diaper every 2-3 hrs during feeding time. And during night feed around 9:30 or 10 pm, if you are not breast feeding and if u r giving formula mix the formula in very diluted rice Kanji( puzhungal arisi Kanji) instead of water, and give. The kanji should be very watery. Baby will be quite and sleep properly. Powder par boiled rice powder of 1/ 2 tsp and boil and cook that in water till it gets cooked , add more water to that, filter thoroughly, mix with formula and give .but Pls check if it suits his stomach. If the response is good u can continue no harm but ask ur pediatrician before using this procedure. Pls note that the kanji should be very watery. It should be like water only. Ask ur pediatrician before u proceed and if he says no Pls do not do that because every pediatrician is different. thanks.

Sandycandy and Frangipani like this.
  3. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

Two things that I would like to suggest you:

First he might not feel full only with your feed. Give him some formula milk too by maintaining gap. Babies cry more of hunger.

Second take him out in pram or in your arms. Babies get bored of staying at home all the time. When taken out they will not cry and sleep easily when tired.

Sandycandy, momsky and Frangipani like this.
  4. sweetygal

sweetygal Bronze IL'ite

my pediatrician recommended colicaid drops which relieves stomach discomfort.
    Burp him after feeds at night.
    you can try pedicloryl drops after consulting doctor. All these had really saved me.

Sandycandy likes this.
  5. akrutisyd

akrutisyd Senior IL'ite

Thank you very much Sweety. Just wondering whether i can give semi solids at this age of 1+ month. But one thing I understood is that baby’s stomach has to be full before sleeping, with kanji/formula or any other means. Thanks for the details.

6. akrutisyd

akrutisyd Senior IL'ite

Hi Sweetygal, we give him drops for milk digestion too. Tried sone drops to remove gases from stomach. Donno if anything worked at all. I personally didn’t want to give any medication, but can’t help seeing baby crying.

7. akrutisyd

akrutisyd Senior IL'ite

Thanks Monica. Have to take care of filling stomach. Though am ready to fill his stomach with BF , he dozes off in some time. Have to make sure he is full, atleast i can see and control formula.

I did the same first thing in the morning, took him out and he stopped crying and slept happily. This trick worked and have to take him out regularly.

MonikaSG likes this.
  8. akrutisyd

akrutisyd Senior IL'ite

Great tips gals. Always in search of many things being first time mom...