very confused ladies plz hlp

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by ashj, Dec 20, 2013.

1. ashj

ashj New IL'ite

hello ladies.. :wave:
    first of all i have to admit i am new to forums.. i dont even know the differnce between a thread and a post.. oh i feel so silly!!
    anyway coming to the point.. this is our frst month ttc.. my last period was on nov 19th.. and my cycles are atrociously punctual... so i assumed my ovulation period to be somewhr btwn nov 30th - dec5th.. we did the deed thrice during the fertile window:redface:.. i am now late by 4 days.. i ve been experiencing all sorts of weird symptoms from constant back aches to vivid dreaming.. also at around 8 dpo i felt a twinges in my lower abdomen.. like someone was pulling from the inside.. it lasted for only a few mins though.. i am extremely tired most of the time.. lightheaded sometimes.. short of breath.. my breasts have grown a bit..and i have sore nipples( sorry tmi).. and i also have this impending feeling that my period may start anytime soon.. today is 17 days past ovualtion.. i took the test and it turned out to be negative( i am crushed:cry:).. no signs of period yet.. what do you think ladies.. have i got a chance? would this be my month... :help

2. WiniPooh

WiniPooh Gold IL'ite

Hi Ashj,
    For a lot of women, the HPT wouldnt show up as positive till about the 45th day. Wait for atleast 5 - 8 days post your normal period date and then check.

Baby dust to you...

3. Indianwife2000

Indianwife2000 Silver IL'ite

Hi Ashj,

Can you get a blood test done? That will clear all your doubts. Your symptoms do sound like pregnancy symptoms....but just to be sure, get a blood test done asap....or wait for a few more days and repeat an HPT.

good luck!

4. ashj

ashj New IL'ite

thanks wini.. today is 19dpo.. still no signs of period.. aahhh.. this is soo frustrating.. i am too whimpy to test.. gonna wait a lil longer... cant handle another disappoinmnt

5. ashj

ashj New IL'ite

hi indianwife.. i am too scared to test.. i dont think i can handle another negative result.. i am goin to wait it out..

6. purpledream

purpledream Silver IL'ite

hi ash,

wait for few more days n test again,stay calm and positive.,let diz cycle be yours!!!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  7. WiniPooh

WiniPooh Gold IL'ite

Hang in there ashj..or if the curiousity is getting to you just get the beta HCG done. That way you will know for sure if its a yes/ no and can plan forward.

8. Twinkel

Twinkel Platinum IL'ite

Seems you tested early. Wait for one more week and retest.

The thread is a new topic.
    The post is a new reply or comment to an existing topic.
    like, you started this thread... and this thread has all these comments which are posts.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  9. Harithag

Harithag Gold IL'ite

i know as this is your first month of TTC,you would be stressed.But stress plays a real spoil sport.

As others say, wait for a week and do a HPT.

All the best and lots of Baby dust to you

10. ashj

ashj New IL'ite

hi all.. still no signs of period.. trying to muster up courage to test this christmas..