1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Venting out - a bit annoyed

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Chapra, Apr 5, 2014.

1. SriB

SriB New IL'ite

Chap ra dear , you are a sensible . kudos

1 person likes this.
  2. Chapra

Chapra Platinum IL'ite

3. PeaceAlways

PeaceAlways Senior IL'ite

Whatever happens when your inlaws are here, never ever talk to them directly about your financial situations. Talk to your hubby, let him talk to them. One direct conversation from you with them will make you have the tag 'family splitter' for rest of your life. Be very very careful about delicate conversations. Let hubby do all the talking. You keep a straight face. It is strange, inlaws will forgive their children(son/daughter) in a jiffy, but never their dil. They will readily forgive the sil as well :D strange world we live in :)

1 person likes this.
  4. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

People who can understand will understand the position even without our telling whether they are parents or parents-in-law.
    Open discussions will solve many a problem.
    Jayasala 42

1 person likes this.
  5. JustMyself

JustMyself Gold IL'ite

That is good of you !

It is nice when we have control of the situations. But I guess in this situation, there is not much control in your hand, making you annoyed. Am sure, you may have to juggle things a bit to get things moving. My recommendation would be to divide finances, as "must", "nice to have" and "for later or by alternate methods".

eg. In-laws tickets & insurance or must.. but changing car now, could be Not through hot-cash but through Car-loans. We prefer car-loan, as it builds your credit report, the interest is less (in our case 200$ max for a BMW for 1 yr loan, which is at times less than our car-rental for 1 trip), and you get to keep the cash aside by selling your old-car too. The interest rates at Credit Unions are way less, also through car-dealers during their specials. Try if that works.

PS: Didnt mean to preach.. Just sharing so it could be useful to you or anyone who may come across this thread later. :)

1 person likes this.
  6. Chapra

Chapra Platinum IL'ite

Thanks PeaceAlways. Thats quite a good suggestion. So far, some how, am not comfortable finances with my PILs. Always doubted that they might not like me interfering b/w them and their son. Your suggestion seconds my thought. Will remain that way. Thanks again :)

7. Chapra

Chapra Platinum IL'ite

I dont think, you are preaching dear, JM. Its definitely a real good suggestion. Thanks a lot for taking your time in understanding the situation and trying to suggest what you think is the best possible solutions/alternatives.

8. Chapra

Chapra Platinum IL'ite

Exactly my thought, jayasala42.

Dont know somehow, in our custom, PILs are given so much importance. I sincerely respect my parents and PILs. Somehow, not able to digest the fact that PILs are given way too much importance and respect in our custom. Am dreaming of a society where all are equally important, atleast when my DDs grow up and get married.... :)

9. pinkRoseBud

pinkRoseBud Gold IL'ite

sometimes it might be by experience. Kyunki saas bhi kabhi bahu thi. (Be cause, mil was also a dil )

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
    1 person likes this.