1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

vent vent vent- long post

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by uma16, Aug 7, 2012.

1. uma16

uma16 Senior IL'ite

I am married for 4 years now. For 2 years been in India with my Mil and then shifted to US.

I have no FIL , he passed away when my husband was in 12th std in an accident. He has a elder brother who shifted to US and living here for some 15 years(2 yrs after fIL died).Has helped the family He also did not save anything until marriage in his name but had acquired lands in MIL's name.

After marriage , it was a love marriage of 10 yrs, struggled to get permission from his mother .My dad stepped in to make my marriage. Because of MIL and SIL insecurities I had hell a lot of problems. My parents couldn't come home to visit often , Whenever I wanted to go to my sis house nearby , I had problems. My husband did not handle the problems maturedly and on my part , I was too clingy on my sister.Had a miscarriage in 2 yrs.

My husband has worked for past 10 years and did not have any savings at all till marriage.Every single penny was spent on his family. He has a sister,husband central govt employee, with two kids. Has helped her with some 6 or 7 lakhs to build a house .Made jewelry for the daughter etc.She has also got a land with BIL's help. Car without loan -I don't know whose money.It did not stop after marriage also.But it was I who supported getting small gifts now and then(was naive then ).Mil liked to have power of money at home - She was given money every month by Hus for house expenses , for other expenses also -she demanded money now and then ,total chaos in money handling. I was also working then so did not make a big issue.

After shifting to US, went to BIL's house. I found the BIL to be a nice person but knows where to draw line..Co-sister and me started talking , I found that she too had problems with MIL(Mil Stayed for 6 months here when co-sis got her son) and SIL .I trusted her , felt that she was strong headed and a clear thinker.I admired her ways. They are well settled now(as you see I am not so I admired) . She was carrying last year , around that same time I too carried again(she was one month ahead of me) and we bonded well.I had problems with Sil meanwhile coz she had crossed the boundary too much and the first time I stood for myself ,MIL and Sil very angry -Sil and me stopped talking. I miscarried in 6 months was diagnosed with a problem in 2 months- we were devastated. Hell broke loose.

Co-sis called to offer her condolences( death brought a change in me , was detached , was grounded). I could see that she was putting words to find out what had happened - how I miscarried.I hated her for that. I stopped calling her.

Again she called , she knew I was to have a surgery , wanted to know about it , if MIL was coming etc . I spoke nicely but was not interested.

Again she called , my parents were to come for my surgery , but cancelled bcoz father had a attack(should have heard from her hus) .
    She asked " how are things going with you".
    I said so-so .
    she said " My father fell down from 2 wheeler "
    I was sympathetic " o my god what happened - I was really drawn by her manipulation ,she changed her words " o nothing nervous breakdown , old age -you know"
    without realising I blurted all my problems - what my father suffered and I don't have support now during surgery.
    she said" If you want I will come" (she has a five year old son and 5 month old daughter.)I started hating her more .

Again she called -said she is leaving to India for a vactaion.
    When I think back- I feel I have fallen into the pit she dug many times.Have volunteered a lot of information .
    Now and then she keeps reminding me that if not for her husband -their family wouldn't have made it. Agreed but

Now I feel like a loser.

Loved a man for 10 years - only to have my father run from post to pillar to get me married.My Dh couldn't convince the mother .
    Now my relationship with him has improved , much better but still doubtful what would happen when MIL is with me.

Entered marriage with lot of dreams- Mil and Sil hurt me. DH also was not supportive .
    I think I have learnt a lot of lessons , will stand up and fight my own battles- I hope to .With regard to co-sis , where do I draw the line?

career- I am 32 now , was working for 6 years - I hold a masters degree , I did my masters to buy time for marriage . Now in L2 visa -can work but sitting at home awaiting a surgery.I want to work but things are not clear right now.

children - I still think of the premature little girl I had for 2 hours- She will be in heart and head until I die. My friend who had conceived recently told me God had helped her - It hurt me , what did I do ? to lose my child?
    Tomorrow is my surgery - am so scared right now . Searching within me the brave girl I was once. Please pray for me to be blessed.

2. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

Dear Uma: first things first, good luck with the surgery!!
    You are in the US - in spite of its problems, at least the technology & quality of medical care is great.
    Anxiety about surgery is normal and universal. Bravery is not the absence of fear. It is recognizing fear for what it is and finding ways to move on in spite of it. I am sure the brave girl in you will come out when you want her to!
    This is not the best time to think about all the rest of it. Focus on the basics.
    Take care of yourself!

5 people like this.
  3. insha

insha Gold IL'ite

Oh Uma..I understand you are so upset with things around you.At this time it is better you concentrate on your health and you recovering soon.Leave aside all the other things,you are first important .issues with MIL SIL are always there.Its not an issue that can really be solved in a day.So instead of wasting your mental energy on this,try to be confident and help yourself recover soon.And dont worry you will get a beautiful baby soon.Your baby will come to you at the right time.

4. Anamika99

Anamika99 Gold IL'ite

Yes your story is sad but understand that good time will come
    Hard to forget the child..does not matter how long child was with you...and you do not need to forget her....just remember her differently, not with pain, but with joy that she gave you motherhood for a while. Good luck for yoru surgeries and now a days so many options to have baby, so ur thing will work out. FOR SURE IT WILL

5. puremind

puremind Bronze IL'ite

Hey uma...time is biggest medicine...take time..and relax yourself..and be brave...my sis marriage was 6th dec 2011...i booked the tkt before 2 months...i was very excited for her marriage...before 1 week of marriage...i had a severe pain in my up right abdomen...went to doc...diaganosed gallbladder stone...doc gave me surgery date 5 th dec 2011...just 1 day before of my sis marriage...i cried alottttttttt. but what can we do na...we have to manage ourself...anyways this is your life only n only u knows how to handle it ....all d best dear!!!

6. crazymom

crazymom Gold IL'ite

First of all sending you virtual hugs. I am very sorry for your loss. Don't loose courage. I agree with Anamika, there are many options to have a child with the modern treatments. Right now your health should be your priority. Don't think about your MIL, SIL or co-sis. Good luck for the surgery and everything will work out for you. I will keep you in my prayers.

7. Foundlove

Foundlove Gold IL'ite

Hugs and love to you. I will pray for your safe surgery. Please only think about that now and forget about everything. Once you are feeling better you will be able to deal with all issues in your life.
    I think your co sis might be trying to help if she volunteered to come inspite of having 2 small children.don't worry things will get better.
    Good luck
    FL

8. happyperson

happyperson Gold IL'ite

Hi Uma

As pure mind said time is the biggest healer. Take good care of your health. Prayers and hugs to you.

9. Tashsin

Tashsin Gold IL'ite

Hi Uma..dont worry thing will be fine..good luck for your surgery..be calm...forget everything..and be strong..

10. sadwife

sadwife Gold IL'ite

Dear uma,

Don't worry the surgery will go fine.
    My prayers are with you.
    God bless.