1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Vent .. Feeling Emotional

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by coffeecups, Sep 1, 2016.

1. coffeecups

coffeecups Gold IL'ite

this is a vent and any insight into sorting out my emotions would be great
    as some of u know, i am working and ttc for few months.
    recently i was down with high fever and all the trouble started then. there are 2 specific issues here.
    my h prioritized his work over my illness and was out on work till late night.
    he was assisting another surgeon in his cases and turned up at 11. never bothered to ask me how i was or whether i wanted some food or medicines from outside. i was back from my night shift and was down with fever.
    day 2 morning he left home much earlier than ususal citing another surgery. did not inform me the previous night itself. had to reschedule my cook's timing as per that at the last minute. yesterday night we had an argument over this, and he says "learn to look after yourself. after all you just have a fever""
    and "u know this is how life will be married to a doctor".
    i was so angry i replied back saying "ï will show you how it is to be married to a doctor too". i never cared for him less just because im a doctor. does profession come over once own family? who cares what a spouse makes when he cant spend few caring minutes when his wife is ill
    the second issue is, im close to my parents and call them daily. if i dont, they call me back and they are my major support system. on this particular occasion, i was irritable with the fever and did not pick up my mother's call. she started messaging me saying i dont care for her feelings and blah blah..[which was hightly unwanted at that time] i got really pissed off, made a call and shouted at her. i agree i spoke rudely to her. i clearly told her the previous evening itself that i cant call her as i am sick and i was irritated by her emotional messages. felt she should have given me some time and space to heal myself and not smother me with her emotional drama. i dont know if i am using big words as such
    now, after the call, she refuses to talk to me. doesnt pick my calls. my dad tries to speak on behalf of her and feels i shouldnt have been rough no matter what with an elder [parent] and preferably i apologise through a message. i was very surprised by his words
    added to all this, my grand mother calls me and gives me gyan about conceiving soon and not postponing pregnancy lest i find out im infertile at a later date. i tell her politely that pregnancy is not in my hands and its a god's gift and im not postponing by any chance, which she conveniently ignores and quotes examples of cousins who are pregnant within one year of their marriage
    all this in a gap of 2 days and having to attend work today without taking leave[due to some work issues] has reduced me to tears. the fever correctly around my ovulation time, has also spoiled my pregnancy plans for this month. and added to this the behaviour of various family members has put me down so much
    i can forgive my grandmother for her age. but some how i am not able to forgive my mother for not understanding my situation and more importantly my h for calling it just a fever. dont i have the right to feel emotionally supported when i am low physically, mentally and health wise?
    or is it asking too much for a standard working indian woman?
    this issue may be trivial compared to what few are facing here, but to each his own

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Run away for a bit. : )

I am maddest at the grandma.

3. coffeecups

coffeecups Gold IL'ite

I don't have a chance to runaway and dat is the worst part. Whatever it is, have to reheal myself once I'm back home from work

Rihana likes this.
  4. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

Humm....guess everyone has to go through this at some point..... everything going wrong for no fault of ours.

I had mine too recently. Just waited it out. Mom crazy, DH crappy, sister nasty, kids crappier.....well lost hope on everything and everybody. Waited for two days with patience.
    Third day explained to each person minus the kids about what I faced and how I felt until they understood .... Took me few hours to make them understand!
    Fourth day took them on rounds for giving me hell in the first place!

Now whenever something like this happens, I follow this cycle!

Cheer up!

5. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

calm down a bit.When you have fever and body pain,you would naturally have a feeling that you need to be looked after.Since you made a habit of talking to your parents everyday,your mom could not take it when you did not talk to her for a day.You did the same thing to your mom -what your H did to you. Better apologize to your mom and close the issue once for all.For your H is concerned,he should have been under lot of stress due to surgery.Let his work schedule relax a bit,take him out or plan a vacation.

guesshoo and coffeecups like this.
  6. Shreema86

Shreema86 Platinum IL'ite

Hi op,

Isnt your husbands lack of concern when you are sick a major red flag for your relationship. Before you think of having a kid you need to do some thinking. Mom will get back to normal. Grandma may irritate but she is still concerned about you. But your husbands behaviour is inexcusable . Don't blame you, we indiAn women put up with behaviour of husbands we shouldn't put up with.

7. coffeecups

coffeecups Gold IL'ite

My husband is concentrating on the career at this moment and is still a bit relaxed about the kid thing unlike me. There comes our major problem. Earlier I too was studying and hence postponed. Now, I can't take any longer when ppl gossip behind me saying I must be suffering from infertility. Probably I'm hurrying up or he is still lax, whatever it is, I feel down

8. coffeecups

coffeecups Gold IL'ite

And no, I don't perceive it a red flag, as far as I know him

drdiva likes this.
  9. APS45

APS45 Silver IL'ite

Are these emotions really due to fever or something else bothering you and fever is an excuse?

If it is only fever, I am surprised, it sounds overreaction. What do I do for fever, take some tablet and do my my work from home, if I am too tired, take a nap till I feel better. I would only get irritated if my wife gives "emotional support' for my fever:angry:

No offence, even my kids wont make a big deal about it.

SGBV likes this.
  10. coffeecups

coffeecups Gold IL'ite

I
    Couldn't get ur reasoning for apologising to my mother. I feel that, if I don't apologize now, I would be conveying to her that, i would like to be on my own at least on few occasions. It doesn't mean I love her less. Just that, I need to reorganize my thoughts.
    If I apologize, though it would patch up the issue for now , a similar kind of issue may resurface after few weeks.
    Any suggestions how I put forth my point, without hurting her??