1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Varanam Ayirum

Discussion in 'Movies' started by regi_sr, Nov 20, 2008.

1. regi_sr

regi_sr New IL'ite

Hi IL's

Did anyone over here watch surya's varanam ayirum
    How is the movie friends

2. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

I saw the movie last week.It was a nice movie depicting the relationship between father and son.Surya's acting was not so good,songs were good.Acting wise no one was upto the mark.Settings were done to suit the times.No comedy scences at all.Some of the scences were really touching especially the flashbacks..On the whole very serious movie.None of the heroines have much to say about.

3. aharia

aharia Silver IL'ite

hi, i saw varanam ayiram, if you want to plan to go that movie, first set up your mind , it's not a entertanment movie, it's relationship between father & son, it's a auto biography, no comedy, songs are good

4. umaraj23

umaraj23 Senior IL'ite

I saw the first 10 to 15 mins of the movie, and found the acting so artificial. Hard to relate.

5. regi_sr

regi_sr New IL'ite

im planning to watch his movie for my anniversary, can i??????

6. aharia

aharia Silver IL'ite

my opnion, it's more sentiment & artificial, even i start my weekend to watch this movie , i feel i wasted my time to watching that movie, we went movie for entertinment,that movie is only senttimentle, try to go some good entertiner,it's make you happy

7. jayashreejagadish

jayashreejagadish New IL'ite

Not a great movie. Surya has acted well. But somehow the movie does'nt make u feel that u have watched a great movie. The director has tried to bring the loving relationship between father and son. Simran and Sameera Reddy do not match Surya. They are too tall for him. Somehow as claimed by the movie makers, it does not evoke any romaticism at all.

8. nive80

nive80 Bronze IL'ite

Hey i guess i do agree with everyone .... i saw the movie online( advised by a couple of frds) and did not like it. The part of exploring the relationship btw a parent and a son was real good , but i guess the father forgot that he had one more kid. Guess with all the high expectations for the movie , i would say i was not happy with the movie on the whole. Some of the songs are real good. But spending money for this movie in a theatre is not something i wud do :)

9. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

My opinion is different from most of you. I watched this movie yesterday and I liked it. Mothers seem to be glorified most of the time, this movie for a change is about a father-son relationship. It sounds unbelievable that someone would go all the way from India to US to find his sweet heart. But I do know of a friend who did that.

I liked the music which is in true Harris Jayaraj style. Noticeable is the lack of a comedy track.

It is a movie that can be watched once.

10. kalpanas

kalpanas New IL'ite

I also liked the movie like Nivedi. A nice movie to see I enjoyed it coz I was able to relate it to my life. The music is mind blowing..........each nuber is different