Varamahalakshmi Pooja

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by mythrij, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

2. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

<HR>
    <CENTER><TABLE borderColor=blue width="80%" align=center bgColor=white border=3><TD align=middle>[​IMG][​IMG] Varalakshmi Viratham
    Recipes
    Greetings

This pooja falls on dwadasi as well as Friday in the month of Aadi or Aavani(Tamil month), the day in which goddess Lakshmi was born from the sea(paar kadal). Varalakshmi is the Goddess of all wealth and gives us whatever we want(varam means boon). To get the blessing of Lakshmi, we perform this pooja with great care and devotion. This pooja is celebrated in a grand manner.
    Thursday:
    [​IMG] On the previous day(Thursday), we clean the pooja room, do floral decorationsand kolam with rice flour and make arrangements for the pooja.
    After cleaning the sombu(kalasam), put some coins, betel, betel nut, turmeric, lemon, comb, mirror, black bangles(very small), black beads, raw rice, kunguma chimizh(very small one) etc inside it. Arrange the mango leaves over this and keep a coconut on top, Fix the amman face on the coconut, then decorate the kalasam. Place some flowers. Keep the sombu in the pooja, prepare ven pongal for neivedhyam. take karpoora aarathi.
    Friday:
    Taking head bath in the early morning, we prepare the items for neivedhyam (food offered to deity).
    The pooja:
    This pooja must be done with utmost dedication.To start the pooja, keep the goddess near the entrance of the house on the kolam(inside the house). Keep flowers. Then take karpoora aarathi. [​IMG] Then bring the deity to the pooja place singing the song "Lakshmi Raave maa inti ki" which means "Lakshmi please come to our house". In the mandha haasam, place a plaintain leaf and spread raw rice. Keep the kalasam on this and decorate the deity. Keep the nombu saradu(yellow thread) also.
    First we do Vinayaka pooja to vinayaka(a conical shape made of turmeric powder). After finishing that pooja, we start varalakshmi pooja. We do the pooja according to the book or cassette. After pooja, neivedhyam to be kept and do karpoora aarathi. After aarathi, ladies must tie the nonbu saradu in their right hand, reciting the sloka given in the book. After that we give thamboolam to ladies. In the evening, fresh flowers are placed and the decorations are refreshened, adding new flowers. For the neivedhyam, prepare bengal gram (konda kadalai) sundal. This day being a friday, giving thamboolam for many ladies is preferable. We can give coconut or any other gift along with the thamboolam. In the night, we show mangala aarathi. Next morning, we place a few new flowers and do punar pooja as given in the book. We can do this pooja with the things available. The evening pooja continues for three days from Friday. After that we remove the amman from the pooja.
    </CENTER></B></B>HAI FRIENDS I HAD POSTED IT UNDER WISHING SO U PEOPLE HAVE MISSED IT, I AM REPOSTING IT HERE FOR YOUR BENEFIT..happy varalakshmi vratham...sunkan

1 person likes this.
  3. birraj

birraj Senior IL'ite

Thanks Sunkan. Same to you.
    Hi Friends Happy Varalakshmi Nombu..

Thanks
    Birraj

4. Chitvish

Dear Friends,
    I am posting a photo of Varalakshmi Amman, decorated, before the puja.
    Love,
    Chithra.

Attached Files:

5. Chitvish

Dear Friends,
    This is another view taken after the puja was over.
    Love,
    Chithra.

Attached Files:

6. JustAni

JustAni Silver IL'ite

MahaLaxmi Vrat

Hi Everyone!

Today is MahaLaxmi Vrat.

I am holding a fast. But no idea what else to do, apart from the regular pooja:? .

Could someone, perhaps Chitra-ji, enlighten me on this? So that next year I do it in the right way.:2thumbsup:

Awaiting your reply.

7. birraj

birraj Senior IL'ite

DearMom,
    Your daughters decorations are very good. So devine. I wish to get this much flower but no luck. But I have decorated with whatever I have will post it after I finifsh the pooja. I have drawn small ezhakolam yesterday evening outside, this morning rain came and everything was washed out.

Love
    Birundha

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2007
  8. Hamsadhwani

Hamsadhwani Senior IL'ite

Mrs.C,

That was a divine picture of Devi and of the puja.

Happy Varalakshmi Vratham!

Last edited: Aug 24, 2007
  9. slp807

slp807 Bronze IL'ite

Dear chitra mam,

the picture of Varalakshmi amma is very divine.
    Thanks for posting, i got the darshan of Amma, as i am missing the vartham my parents do backhome.

Happy Varalakshmi Vartham to all

cheers
    sreelatha

10. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Friends,
    Happy Varalakshmi Vrathram !

May Goddess Lakshmi Bless us today and always!