1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Varalotti's Whirlwind Project! Happy New Year 2009!

Discussion in 'Wednesdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Dec 31, 2008.

1. meenakshirajan

meenakshirajan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

My heartiest congratulations .First of all let me Thank Mr. Sethuramalingam for taking a right decision. I am very proud of you Sridhar Sir.You have given a very apt title.
    Samarpanam was excellent. ‘Pullarichupochu’ Hatoff to you and Dear Indhu.
    Wishing you more and more success.

Love,
    Meenakshi

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

dear mindi,
    thanks for the kind wishes. And I am moved by the trouble you took to read the dedication with your DH's help. Convey our thanks to your DH.
    Thanks for the kind wishes.
    Indhu and Preethi join me in wishing you and your DH a very happy and a prosperous new year.
    love,
    sridhar

3. varalotti

dear pooja,
    thanks for the kind words. I might be going Hi-fi. But I would forever like here in IL and get fb from nice and loving people like you.
    Thanks once again for the kind wishes, pooja.
    Indhu and preethi join me in wishing you and yours a very happy and a prosperous new year 2009.
    love,
    sridhar

4. varalotti

Dear Andal,
    To write a fb to you using your real name, my hands are almost shivering, because this month is Markazhi. And I am going to a worthy Master who teaches me one Thiruppavai song everyday. We learnt the 21st song (the song for tomorrow) today. The song which begins with the words Etra Kalangal ethir pongi meethalippa.. Your parents should have been really blessed to choose the name Andal for you.

thanks for the nice words about the book.
    And thanks a lot for your new year wishes.
    Indhu and Preethi join me in wishing you and yours a very happy and a prosperous new year.

love,
    sridhar

5. varalotti

dear varloo,
    thanks a lot for your congratulatory post. Indhu's work was really timely. Her understanding and encouragement were something crucial without which I could not have completed the work on time.
    It is ver kind of you have wished so sweetly. Well, I would like to have Indhu as my wife in all the births. I don't know about her. You see she has always been very good to me. So it is understandable that I want her in all my births. But I might not have been that good to her. And I'd understand if she wants otherwise.

love,
    sridhar

6. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Sridhar...

Very happy to see your words.... You are most welcome to DC ... my vathakuzhambu and sutta appalam will be there for you.

Regards to Indhu too. Best wishes to your work, as always.

7. varalotti

Dear Jenz,
    thanks a lot for your congratulatory message. Yes, I could feel the sensation in my nerves when I was writing about Obama. Especially when I was translating his speech at the 2004 Democratic Convention in Boston, I felt that this man is going to be a great leader.
    Let me know when you buy the book. You may also post a review after you have finished reading it.
    thanks once again. Wish you and yours a very happy new year.
    love,
    sridhar

8. varalotti

My Dear DD,
    Thanks for the nice words. The experience of working against time, slicing every day of work into 15 minute-packs and completing them was even more thrilling. I could capture only so much in words.

No, DD. Even when we are sitting there doing nothing, we do something. I still remember when I travelled by the day train to Chennai. I was reading a book, devouring the eatables provided by the catering service. And then around 11 30 when the train had left Villupuram, I closed the book. I did not eat anything. Almost for an hour I did nothing. I was not even sleeping. For the outside world I did nothing. Even I thought I did nothing. But somebody I read in the book was working deep inside me. When I came out of that state I scribbled something on the last page of that book -Curiious Lives by Richard Bach. And that scribbling later became A LOVE STORY serial which is now being made into a book. (Incidentally the book will be out before our silver jubiliee 3rd Feb)
    So, DD, you are already doing something and very sooon that is going to come out in the open. All the best.

Thanks for the kind words. Yes this experience was surely a milestone in our relationship.

Wish you and yours a very happy and a prosperous new year 2009
    love,
    Your SriPa

9. varalotti

Dear Pushpavalli,
    Wish you, Mr.Srinivasan and everybody in your family a very happy and a prosperous new year.

Thanks a lot for your kind wishes and blessings. Welcome back to IL. And when you have time just check the latest episode of LA where I have introduced some kind of a 'religious controversy'.

Thanks for the nice post once again.
    love,
    sridhar

10. varalotti

Dear Meenakshi,
    Thanks a lot. Actually Sethuramalingam is the name of the character in ALS. My publisher's name is Sethu Chokkalingam.
    That kind of Samarpanam was the least I could do to Indhu for the kind of work she did.
    Let me wish you, Mr.Rajan and your children a very happy and a prosperous new year.
    Thanks once again for the kind words.
    love,
    sridhar