1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Varalotti's Whirlwind Project! Happy New Year 2009!

Discussion in 'Wednesdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Dec 31, 2008.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear, dear Chithra,
    How can I ever thank you for calling me on the New Year's day. Thanks a lot for your kind wishes.
    Indhu, Preethi and my parents join me in wishing you, Mr. Viswanathan, your children and your grand children a very happy new year.
    There is no humility involved in calling myself a Mofussil Accountant. Madurai is a mofussil town. (Some even dont agree to that. They say Madurai is a glorified village) And I am an accountant. Mofussil accountant is something factual and not derogatory. Your Mr.Viswanathan is a Metro Accountant, for Chennai is a Metro.
    Obama inviting me... of all the persons... and that too after reading the book (after someone translated it for him) .. nothing but pure love and enormous affection could propel statements like that. I salute to those kind feelings.

Thanks for praying to Meena Madam on my behalf. I am growing from strength to strength because of the love I have been receiving from you and all the ILites all these years.

powerful statements.

love,
    sridhar

2. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

Accept my Congratulations first! I am also amazed at the speed with which you have compiled and written Obamas bio, in such a short time....and roping Indhu's help also. i remember you were mentioning this when i was there.....but you really managed it in time and dedicating it to Indhu! Wow.....:thumbsup

I also WISH YOU AND INDHU and Preeth and family, A VERY HAPPY, PEACEFUL SUCCESSFUL( you have already started on ur success!) NEW YEAR!:cheers
    Waiting to get hold of this copy too.....and having a great time reading your PREVIOUS PADAIPPU!

3. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Sridhar,

Obama in "Sridhar's words"... wonderful.... so a trip to DC is on your diary 2009 !!!
    It is nice to hear about your dedication page to her.

Wishing you all a very happy and memorable year 2009 .

Loads of wishes and regards to you and Indhu.... and wishes to Preeti.

4. indhusri

indhusri Bronze IL'ite

Dear friends ,
    I was thrilled to see your fbs ! My heartfelt thanks to those who have praised me for my little help to our varalotti to finish his book about the great leader Obama ! Compared to the encouragement that is being rendered by you all , my contribution is nothing actually ! Whenever he feels dull , he goes through your cheerful & encouraging fbs , gets drenched in them , gets energy instantly & starts writing enthusiastically ( the fact that is known to me only ! ) ! So .. I transfer all the credit to you , most caring & loving friends !
    Dear Sridhar ,
    I understand your love more through your replies to me ! Thanks to IL ! Getting recognition for what we have done ( even without our expectation ) is something so sweet ! I owe to you & :bowdown to your love , sridhar !
    Dear Chithra ,
    We have almost packed our things & got ready to meet Obama ! Now its up to you ( your duty , rather ! ) to arrange for it ! ( சொன்னதுக்கு அனுபவிங்கோ ! Big Laugh) Hope you will !
    Love,
    Indhu.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2009
  5. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear sridhar sir and indhu,

hearty congratulations on your new book.....i am very happy for u...sorry for my lack of knowledge but is it the first one in tamil...read the dedication with a lot of help from dh and it was very sweet...once again wishing u and yours a great year ahead..
    love
    Mindi

6. varalotti

dear bas,
    thanks for taking your hats off to me and that too for the right reason. In my coming up in life, whether it is in profession, writing or other fields, many people helped. And many people went out of the way to help me. Even recently a friend sowed in me the idea of bringing out my story as a book.

Varalotti has committed many sins in his life. But during the last 50 years of his existence the one sin he has not committed is ingratitude.

I decided on the dedication even while writing the third chapter in the book.

But there is one mistake in your post, Madam.

No, I can't do that. Even in this instance what I have given back is less than half of what I received.

Thanks for your kind wishes, bas. At least for reading boost's books you should improve on your Tamil.

Me being Obama's guest! Sounds very sweet to the ears.

thanks for the post,
    love,
    boost

7. varalotti

Dear Vanisha,
    Thanks a lot for remembering the 'whirlwind' project. And I am happy that I came with the right explanation on the right time.

And thanks for your congratulatory message. Obama is not just the first Black president. Historians say that he might be as good as Kennedy and might become as great as Martin Luther King.

I am moved to learn that you took the trouble of reading the dedication and that you liked it.

Wish you a very happy and a prosperous new year, Vanisha. May God bless you.
    love,
    sridhar

8. smileypooja

smileypooja Senior IL'ite

Dear vara and Indhu garu ,

First,Thankyou to come back so early from your project which you named it as whirlwind...i took it to be some new book or your 1st profession needed extra attention..bonk..later,today later after reading your post about a book written on obama i was like WOW...!!!:thumbsup

Vara is going HI-Fi :cheershmm not bad he is soon going to become an International Icon soon i guess!!!...

Its nice to see and read about you both you make a great pair...i think...hope your lives are always blessed with lots of success and hapiness .....

Pooja.:)

9. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

I know that the book will be so interesting to read.

Your experience of writing the book itself is so interesting .. nothing more is needed to tell about the book.

And thank you for appreciating your wife's involvement.

Happy new year to your family and we are eagerly waiting for your waiting throughout the year.

Andal

Last edited: Jan 3, 2009
  10. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    congrats on the new book. Also, I salute for your honesty in acknowledging Indhu's complete support in all matters at the right time, many men give credit very late (credit delayed is credit denied). I have no words for the two of you- let God bless you with many many more years of togetherness and many many lives together (I am sure you both want to be together in other janmas also). Very best to you!