1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Varalotti's Story in the Latest Kumudam!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by Chitvish, Sep 28, 2006.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Thanks a ton, Preethi!

Dear Preethi,
    My daughter, your name sake, when she was home during Puja read the story and said, "Dad, for a change, you are very brief, and very powerful".( I am known as the most long-winded speaker and writer in our family circles.)
    And your post praising the story gives me the same happiness. Thanks Preethi.
    I am happy to know that you can read and appreciate Tamil very well. Why don't you try your hand in Tamil writing?
    regards,
    Varalotti

2. Preethi

Preethi Gold IL'ite

Am a bad Writer.....

Mr. Varalotti,

It's nice to hear that your daughter too enjoyed your short story ! She was very much right when she said your story was powerful !

Mr. Varalotti, as far as my tamil writing goes, If you see my writing in tamil, you'll surely regret for asking me that question ! I am such a bad Writer in tamil (particularly with grammer and spelling)... when I write, I make hell a lot of mistakes, which any tamilian cannot bear ! It's almost 6 years now since I stopped writing in tamil.

Guess its the frequent usage of computers and emails to communicate to others, that has changed my language preference, I find it somehow very easy to communicate my thoughts in english or tanglish (tamil words written in english) rather than tamil directly. Also, I am so much used to computers, that I cannot sit to write even a paragraph fluently on a piece of paper, I need to write anything on a word doc/notepad to get my thoughts flowing (That's sad about being a Programmer! Logic wont work without a computer ) ...when using PC, english is mostly my preferred language !

I try to do what I think I am sort of good at, So stuck to English writing only ! hope that answers your question.

Regards,
    Preethi

3. varalotti

There is a way out, Preethi!

Dear Preethi,
    Let me share a secret with you. My Tamil is also full of mistakes. But there are very good softwares that can take care of those mistakes. Of course you need to struggle for the first 6 months and make the software your right hand. Then it is easy to write in Tamil.
    Since 1998 I have not written aything in Tamil in paper. Everything is on the system. I send some of my stories by emails to magazines.
    English writing is all right. But with all our expertise in and exposure to English, our expression in our mother tongue will be generally moe powerful.
    Sorry, Preethi, I did not mean to take a class on Tamil writing. But I do see the potential in you.
    Try to invest a small amount in a Tamil software and get yourself trained. That skill is any day worth the while.
    Wish you all the best,
    sridhar

4. varalotti

Posted the Scanned Version of My One Minute Story

Dear All,
    I have posted the scanned pdf version of my one minute story which appeared in the latest Vikatan (Thread: Varalotti Sir, You Rock)
    Please read it and let me have your views.
    sridhar