1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Varalotti's Story in Ananda Vikatan.

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by Chitvish, May 19, 2006.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Vidya,
    Was overwhelmed by your words of praise. Just mentioning the names of short story giants like Pudumai pitthan and Ku.Pa.Ra. in the same paragraph with my name is honour enough for me. But you have said that I write like them.
    I wish to recall the words of a TV Serial Producer whom I met several years back. He wanted some of my short stories for his serial which I obliged. (The serial never took off is another matter). But you know what he said,
    "Sridhar, I like your stories because they are not heavy like that of Pudumaipitthan or Vimala Ramani. They are just light. I like them that way."
    Tastes are different.
    I am happy that you liked my story.
    regards,
    sridhar

2. varalotti

The Idea Is Not Mine, Varloo!

Dear Varloo,
    This story is based on what a Senior Accountant told me about 20 years ago. So the basic idea is not mine. I made the main character a lady and a very bold lady at that.
    I don't know what story in Womans Era you are talking about.
    Thank a lot for your nice post.
    I have to just add one qualifier to your statement. You have stated that "This also shows that people who are straight forward need not worry about suh corrupt people." I would like to add "provided they are smart too."
    regards,
    varalotti

3. Vidya Arun

Vidya Arun Senior IL'ite

I wanted to say......

Sridhar

I meant to say that your stories interests me to the extent of Pudhumai pithan or Ramani's stories. Ofcourse your style is different from them and i do agree with you that your way of spreading message is very simple.

I really like your work Sridhar.

Vidya

4. sureshmiyer

sureshmiyer Silver IL'ite

1 person likes this.
  5. varalotti

Hello Suresh,
    thanks for the post.
    Wish you best of luck.
    A little pressed for time at the current moment; trying to market my new book LOVE ALL. Will read your work, soon.
    sridhar