1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Varalotti's Story in Ananda Vikatan.

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by Chitvish, May 19, 2006.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

To Chitra On Translation!

Dear Chitra,
    Ever since I started writing in English which was some 3 years after I started writing in tamil, I am translating all my stories.
    You are free to translate the story into any language other than English.
    The Teddy Bear is being translated into Telugu by a Telugu writer.
    The translated version of this story I think is already under the consideration of Womans Era. If I get a clear rejection message from them then I will post that story.
    Sorry for this, Chitra. But eversince I had some complications with magazines a few years back I have decided that Tamil and English versions shall only be mine.
    I'll let you know a secret. To hone my writing skills I have translated all my Tamil stories into English and vice versa. Only thing is they will either be as unpolished drafts or under the consideration of some mag.
    I am absolutely sorry, but there are certain ground rules, which I never break.
    thanks for the interest, Chitra.
    regards,
    sridhar

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

It is fine, Sridhar !

I fully understand your policy on translating your stories & appreciate it.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

3. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

As long as I can read it!

Hello friends,

As long as I can get to read the story, any channel is okay with me:) Pl Vidya, email it to me and I can this way catch up with with my Tamil reading which seems to be rusty now:( People like Sudha, Prathi and myself ofcourse will all benefit to catch up with what is happening in the indian magazines for which we have no access.
    Congrats Sridhar, another feather in your cap!
    Chitra, how can a reviewer shy off from writing a review only because someone else reviews your review??!! Not you m'am, let nothing stop you from pouring your words onto paper/monitor(?) for the benefit of your IL friends.
    Sad that I am having less and less time to spend on my favourite IL. But I am squeezing my minutes to be here so as not to miss out on happenings. This was one such thing.
    Have a nice day all. Catch up with you later in the late evening:)

L, Kamla

4. Selvi

Selvi Senior IL'ite

Congrats Sridhar!! Just now I was browsing through vikatan site and saw ur name on the story... I was telling my mom that I know this author well !!! :)

So thought of writing to u about the story and saw this thread going on already...

Great story and keep up the good work..

I have attached the story and the tamil font for that... let me know if that doesn't work..

:)

Attached Files:

5. varalotti

Thanks A Million, Selvi. It works!

Dear Selvi, Thanks a million. It works. It is kind of you to have posted the zipped story as well as the font.
    Dear ILites,
    Just click on the file and open it. (I presume all of you have winzip loaded in your system)
    When you click open the file with winzip you will see two files in zipped format. Click actions, extract, browse and give a location. The extracted files will be saved in that location. Then go to settings (in the start menu), control panel, fonts. In the file menu choose instal fonts. Then browse and give the location where the extracted file is saved. Vikat_tm file name will appear and it will be installed in your system. Now click open the other file Welcome to.... and there you are. Read the story and let me have your comments
    Thanks Kamla for the nice words. (I can't leave this cliche so easily) And all ILites who gave their time to reading this story.
    This story is based on a real life incident a very senior member of our profession told me several years back. The incident happened some 20 years back at Zaveri Bazar. Bombay.
    regards,
    varalotti

6. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Hi Varalotti,

I started Vikatan subscription yesterday mainly for Shakti Vikatan, but reading your story in Tamil was the first thing we did. It is a good story, unusual since audit themes are uncommon. Most amazing is how you write in Tamil- it shows the mark of an experienced writer.

warm regards
    Vidya

(I know what you will write as reply:
    Hi Vidya,
    It is very nice to read your kind words. ----peter vidarathu----- coming from no less a person than you-----my real-life experience---rgds Sridhar)

7. varalotti

Hi Vidya

Hi Vidya,
    It is very nice to read your kind words. ----peter vidarathu----- coming from no less a person than you-----my real-life experience---rgds Sridhar<!-- / message -->

8. safa

safa Bronze IL'ite

HI SRIDHAR,

i couldn't read your story, but i am here to see this thread growing..and was thinking what would be the reply that u r going to give our vidya...

9. varalotti

Didn't you see, safa?

Didn't you see, safa, that I replied our Vidya in her own words. I did not have the heart to deny her the pleasure of seeing her expectations fulfilled.
    sridhar

10. safa

safa Bronze IL'ite

message removed

Last edited: May 20, 2006