1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Varalotti's Speech And Pictures Part II

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Sep 12, 2011.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Hello Shreemathi,
    thanks for the compliments.
    Those words does not merely show V's humility but his superior intelligence which has identified something everlasting compared to the wordly riches.

And above all I am very happy that my speech could do something to your tension.
    thanks for coming in,
    sridhar

2. varalotti

thanks a lot, nihaswin,
    sridhar uncle

3. varalotti

Dear Malathi,
    thanks a lot. I have been waiting for this chance to express what has been in my mind for ages. I would not have talked about the self motivation books but everybody was saying that they sell in millions while good novels of great writers are languishing for buyers. That made me to take the whip against the so called self motivation books.
    Will post the final part a little later.
    your nice words of praise made my day,
    love,
    sridhar

4. varalotti

Thanks Uma. I don't know whether the audience enjoyed the speech as much as you did. But I made sure nobody went to sleep when I was talking.
    sridhar

5. varalotti

Dear Shanti,
    the only way you can hear my speech is when I speak in the town you live. Who knows that may happen one day. Be prepared. Nothing can be ruled out.
    thanks for the compliments,
    sridhar

6. varalotti

Dear Malar,

I only long and wish I had someone in the audience like you on that day. So deeply involved and so engrossed in my speech. And yes, as you rightly pointed out when I delivered the contents in Tamil it sounded better. After all language is just the cup and what we say is the tea. But many times a good cup can increase the taste of its contents.

that's right, Malar. At the same time one should not get fully one-sided on emotional health leaving the other dimensions. On a deeper level, dividing health into dimensions is only for our understanding. In fact we should have a holistic approach to health. Those whose emotional health is good will not indulge in over-eating, will not neglect their exercises and will do something for their spiritual well being as well.

That Henry incident is a true story. I repeated it in Vallamai thaarayo and repeated it here to drive home the point.

There are many people who don't like others reading. I have a friend who will get irritated if he sees me with a book. Why should you be reading all the time, he will chide at me. The problem, Malar, is that when people see us reading they feel guilty. Let's ignore them and go about with our reading.

That was really a soulful fb, Malar. And thanks for that,
    sridhar

7. varalotti

Dear Veni,
    Your observation is right. I had to pack so many things in a short time. That made the blog really thick. I had to run through the speech several times to edit the clues.
    thanks for coming in and that was a nice compliment - to read it more than thrice to digest the contents.
    regards,
    sridhar

8. varalotti

thanks, Bhargavi. These days we are so much obsessed with our physical health that we tend to neglect the other dimensions.
    We have a Kambar Festival in Madurai every year. Many speakers extol about a scene in Ramayana which I always find very conducive to our emotional well being.
    Give me some time to come up with the next part of the speech.
    sridhar

9. varalotti

Dear Malar,
    I am happy you asked the question. Intellectual dimension is about our mind's ability to solve problems. Of course we solve problems every day at home and at office. But when we are 35 or 40 we know almost all kinds of problems and have readymade solutions. So our mind becomes dull. We need to keep it sharp and alert. You can solve a crossword puzzle, solve a sudoku puzzle, or probably read V.S.Ramachandran's book 'Tell Tale Brain' where he talks about the different aspects of brain functioning or read Michael Lewis Book, The Big Short who explains how the sub-prime fiasco happened in the US. Here we are not concerned with emotions. But our problem solving abilities. But for this exercises our brain cells will die soon and we may have Alzheimers or other brain related illnesses.

Yes, I was quite upset with the Henry incident so much that I keep repeating it in many places.
    I am slowly coming to terms with the loss. As of now the house is full of people. But it will soon be empty and that's the point I will have to face and reconcile to myself. Let's see.
    Sorry to know about your missing your parents. Our parents, dead or alive, will always be our side to guide us in our lives.
    thanks for the kind words,
    sridhar