1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Varalotti's Speech And Pictures Part II

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Sep 12, 2011.

1. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar Sir,

That was a fantastic blog with beautiful photos.. just wished i was there listening to your speech... beautiful words on expressing on puttting off stress... thanks for sharing..

Shanti

2. iniyamalar

iniyamalar Gold IL'ite

Dear Varalotti sir,

this part was too good.
    especially the four dimension health.
    Very ture.

How stupid that we brand ourselves with our bodies and totally forget about the importance of the content of this container.

we spend money and more precious time for perfecting the container and spend nothing on perfecting the content.

நான்கு பரிமாண வளமும் முழுமை பெற்றிருந்தாலே உன் பதில் முழுமையானதாய்/உண்மையானதாய் இருக்கும் என்று நீங்கள் சொல்வது சரி, என்றாலும் மனவளம் முழுமை அல்ல சற்றே தன்னிறைவு பெற்றிருந்தால் கூட மற்றபரிமாண வளங்களும் நிறைவாகத் தெரியும் அல்லவா? (இது அடியேன் கருத்து.)

மனமது செம்மையானால் மந்திரஞ் செபிக்க வேண்டா
    மனமது செம்மையானால் வாயுவை யுயர்த்த வேண்டா

என்று அகத்தியர் உரைத்தது போல,

மனத்தெளிவு இருந்தால் மற்றவை தெளிவே. ஆயினும் அந்த மனத்தெளிவு பிறக்க நாம் என்ன செய்ய வேண்டும் என்பதில் தான் யாருக்கும் தெளிவில்லை.

This part kindled a lot of questions and answers in me. Thank you for that.

BTW is that Henry story a true incident?? How unfortunate is that we always forsee the beauty of something until the very moment we loose it?

In this part, I especially liked this line.

With the right books we are trained to love people and use things.Without good books many people now love things and use people.

படிக்காட்டி கூட பரவாயில்ல சார். படிக்கறவங்களை எல்லாம் பாத்து ‘ நீ படிச்சு படிச்சு என்ன கிழிக்கிற?”ன்னு கேட்காம இருந்தா சரி.

At last the Vibeeshna story was ......

Thank you sir. For knowingly or unknowingly being a virtual Guru and guide for many of us here.

No more to say except onething

என்ன இருந்தாலும் இதை தமிழ்ல கேட்டிருந்தா அந்த அனுபவம் அலாதி தான் சார்.

3. Veni77

Veni77 Gold IL'ite

Dear Sir,

Genreally I read a blog once (that too very fast)...this blog of yours I would have read more than thrice to diget the message..

Thanks a ton for sharing...

Regards,
    Veni

4. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Nicely explained why all the 4 departments of health matters to the question, How are you!
    The scene from Ramayana is very much moving and sure such scenes from epics show us, how to manage stress, away from the medicines of the modern world!
    Waiting to hear your blast in the next post.

sriniketan

5. Malar2301

Malar2301 Gold IL'ite

Dear Uncle,

Good to know about the four dimensions of health. I'm clear with Physical, emotional and Spiritual. But not clear on the Intellectual health uncle. Could you explain me bit elaborately. Thanks!

Coming to Henry, I felt very heavy when I read about Henry's son. Sometimes even in my day to day life, I show my anger to my little son...later I realize his love when he comes to me and says "mummy...I love u 2,3,4...".

Thanks uncle for sharing such a thought provoking stuff.

I'm very sorry to hear about your father. I really know the pain...as I missed both of my parents 2 years back...still I couldn't control myself. It is unbearable. Please try to heal...take care.

Affection,
    Malar

6. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Thanks, for coming in, for the compliments and more importantly for the very crucial point. I had that in mind but could not speak that out as my brief that day was to make people read more.
    I know a lot of these people. When one such person who was frequently quoting Bhagavad Gita to me was in trouble I quoted back the same verses he quoted. He said, "sridhar, please don't rub salt on my wounds." Well it is easy to quote Gita when somebody else is in trouble.
    And some of this pseudo-intellectuals lose their capacity to show emotions over a period of time.
    The problems is with the materials they choose for their reading. They read intellectual subjects all the time. And the result is disaster. One should balance intellect and emotions for a healthy living.
    Point well-made, Satchi. And well-taken too.
    thanks a lot for that crucial supplement.
    sridhar

7. varalotti

Dear Saras,
    There is one technique to make people eat a lot of what you serve. Tell them it's starters. They will start eating it with an eye on the main course. Serve the main course in small doses. You'd have made the point. Many times my main points come out dressed as starters.

Well I can't take any credit for the photographs. It's my friend Muthu who is probably the only photographer in the whole world who can show me in good light.
    thanks for the nice words, Saras,
    love,
    sridhar

8. varalotti

Akila,
    I wish there were a video recording. But there wasn't any. Even the photographs were due to my private effort.
    If one could not stir emotions with words, spoken or written, there's a failure of expression.
    thanks again,
    sridhar

9. varalotti

thanks Shobna. The speech was in pure Tamil. You may have to wait a little longer for the final part of the speech.
    sridhar

10. varalotti

Dear vjb,
    You have made a very valid point. In those days people used their intellect for spiritual and other matters. Today we are using it to earn money, to cheat others and to win over others. Satchi's point is that merely because somebody is well-read it does not mean that she is a good person.
    Being in love is far more simple compared to what we do to win our daily bread.
    sridhar