1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Varalotti Sisubalan and Lord Krishna

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Mar 23, 2012.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

that was just to shock the people. When my name appears alongside Sisubalan people will be intrigued.
    Only after publishing a number of books did I learn this lesson. When it comes to titles we should not act as if we are fixing labels on bottles of medicine. There you will have to be true and faithful. But while giving labels to our writing we should be as provocative as possible.
    And I am known for outrageous titles.
    sridhar

2. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

sure. i am reading it regularly. good going. will check tomorrow's episode. I have a question.. i would say a 'thozhil ragasiyam'. can you throw me a suggestion on how to write serial stories? will you have the kadhai karu ready in the beginning and then work on developing it? how do you write week on week?

3. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

I started with short stories. I wrote hundreds and hundreds of them. But like you, I was afraid of serials. And then I wrote the first serial in IL, The Haunted House. I had written all the episodes from start to end before even posting the first episode. Then I started with a plot and started building up the story week after week.
    Now the best way to write a serial is - first build up a strong plot. Write it down and vet it over several times. Then decide on the number of episodes - 8. 10, 12. And then make an episode-wise story planning. Then build up scenes for each episode and write them in detail. That's all.
    Waiting for a serial from you.
    sridhar

4. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

OMG.. a serial from me??? sure why not!! :) :) :)
    hmm.. I have been pondering through a plot for a week now, which may not be very good.

I love to read crime stories or novels with a twist, so wanted to write something of that sort. I would have tried writing down different plots a no. of time.. but none of them were upto my satisfaction. (read it as 'they looked very much a mix of umpteen no. of crime stories that I had read' ha ha ha)
    but this one striked me last week. Not a crime story but a gentle general life story. I should say I am badly inspired by your stories. But... how do I make it as interesting as you do. your characters surely live with us at least for that day. if not to that level... the delivery is very important right. I am fumbling. Not the fear of failure... but I dont want to spoil the goodness of writing art.