1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Varalotti pays his "tribute" to Cauvery in his unique way !

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by Chitvish, Feb 11, 2007.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

For A while I thought...

Dear Varloo,

When you started describing how you and your man would "soak and play" in the water "in the morning as well as in the evenings" I for a moment wondered whether you have posted your famous Valentines Day-Kambar-post here in this thread. Just kidding. ha ha ha.

Tamilians and Kannadikas are now fighting out the issue to whom does Kaveri belong, not realising for a moment, that we all belong to Cauvery.

The water-dispute between the two states looks as mean as the dispute between two sons, as to, in whose house, their mother should stay and how long.

Our beloved mother Cauvery is watching the scene enacted on her banks , shedding tears of blood.
    But she has seen hundreds, why, thousands of years and knows the past, present and future.
    She knows for sure that one day there will be no division between people based on language or any other geographical parameter. Only on that day we would have fully realised that Cauvery does not belong to either of us; but all of us belong to her.

Thanks for the kind words of appreciation, Varloo.
    regards,
    sridhar

2. varalotti

I am very happy, Sihi

Dear Sihi,

I am very happy to have kindled many nostalgic memories in you (and in VS too).

Throwing coins at the river is a symbolic act of love and our way of showing respect to our life-source.

Why dont you organise a kind of re-union of all the cousins and visit Srirangapatnam and other places? It would be really fun and more than that it will be fullfilling for your mind and soul.

And when you do that, I look forward to reading your very detailed post on what you guys did.
    regards,
    sridhar

3. varalotti

I owe it to you, Kamla and All the ILites!

Dear Kamla,
    A physicist-cum-philosopher was explaining the phenomenon of rainbow. He asked the audience, what are all the conditions required for the appearance of rainnbow. Science-buffs sitting in the front row answered, suspended drops of rain water, slanting sun (before 830 in the morning or after 330 in the evening) and then explained the concept of prism and refraction.
    The scientist laughed and said, "You have omitted a major factor : the viewer"
    Even if all these conditions are present if a viewer is not there there will not be any rainbow. A viewer is at least as essential a condition for a rainbow as the slanting sun and the suspended water drops.
    Why this peedikai, you ask.
    My writings are good so long as people are there to appreciate it. Ask Chitra for a proverb, she would say,
    குழந்தையும் தெய்வமும் கொண்டாடும் இடத்திலே
    You can add a writer, an artist, a musician everybody in that.

So you and all the ILites are in a way responsible for my writing well. So your praising me is like patting yourself on the back, which at times we need to do to bolster our confidence.

And if my writings make you come back to our motherland, well, that would be for me a real Booker.
    regards,
    sridhar
    They say a thread can attract good writers in two ways. Basically the thread is good and a good writer wants to come in.
    Or it could be like this. If sridhar himself can do like this, why not I?
    I suspect my threads fall into the second category. ha ha

4. varalotti

Thanks Vandana!

Dear Vandhana,

Cauvery remains the same, Vandhana. But the persons have changed. And that is the reason for all this strife.

I have had the good fortune of talking to many Bangalooreans and Tamils on the subject. They all want to share the river, the bounty and the love. But Politicians, though they may think like that in the heart of hearts, cannot afford to be loving or generous. So they have to behave like this. Because 0.1% of us want to hold on to their dirty profession, 99.9% of us are feigning enemity and hatred.

Mother Cauvery, please help us out.

Thanks for the nice words, Vandhana.
    regards,
    sridhar