1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Varalotti On VARALOTTI

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Mar 7, 2007.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Karthik,
    thanks for those kind words. I first tried to give all these things in separate posts. There were not many takers.
    You know now I am writing a serial called Love All. I have posted up to 9 episodes. At the end of every episode I am giving a religious story. For instance click the link beneath my signature to read a story from the life of Ramanuja.
    thanks for the interest evinced in my writings.
    love,
    sridhar

2. vijay_kart

vijay_kart New IL'ite

Varalotti (a) Sridhar,

I read the Ramanujar story which was embedded in another story. Although I haven't read the outer script from the beginning, I had no problem getting to ramanujar's story from the point I started. I was extremely moved by the story and love to acharya is indeed as good as love to supreme himself. I am sure you have read about Kuresa's story as well, which is again selfless love to acharya/guru and to a magnitude that is ineffable.

bliss,
    Karthik

3. varalotti

Dear Karthik,
    I have read Kuresa's story and have also written it here somewhere. I have written about Thirupannazhwar as well. And also about Pillaiuranga Villidasan. You may have to search them in the index. I have classifed all of them as love stories.
    love,
    sridhar

4. gsaikripa

gsaikripa Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar sir,

I read the story of "azhage unnai araadikirren".sethu, raji character is very nice .panam vazhkaiyai koduthuvidaathu enpathai unnarthum kathai...kannula kanneer vandhirucchu.

5. varalotti

Dear Saikripa,
    thanks for the nice words. That's the message I want to get across to the modern youth.
    love,
    sridhar

6. paanzaa

paanzaa Gold IL'ite

I have searched my roots..from Palamdai to Triyambakshewar!

7. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Dear Uncle,

I read about the origin of your name in the website called 'Mayyam', when I started reading "I love you". (I am a great fan of yours , so i dont want to miss any info about you:)).

The name 'Rajapalayam' is because majority of the people there belong to the community "Raju". They add surnames as 'Raja'.

All the places in and around srivilliputur are occupied dominantly by the telegu speaking people, mostly "Naidus".

I am still in search of the exact difference between "Naidu" and "Naicker".
    Because, I love to explore the roots always. Jaadhi abimaanathal alla. :)

Few years back,My FIL got a Ph.d on doing the research about Naickers. Recently it got published with editings from the research paper.I am yet to read it.

Thanks for letting me know about this thread uncle. I feel more close after knowing the relationship between you and andal:cheers

8. varalotti

Dear Raba,

I have many Raju friends in Rajapalayam. And I am quite familiar with their Tamilized Telugu.
    Naidus, Naickers and Rajus have the same roots. They should be from the Vijayanagaram empire who migrated to Tamilnadu when Krishna Deva Raya ruled Tamilnadu.
    In Madurai we have a street called Dalavai Agraharam. Dalavai was an Army Chief of KD Raya.
    And Madurai as you know was ruled by Thirumalai Nayakker and later by his wife Mangammal. We still have the famous Mangammal Chathram just opposite to the railway station.
    The only closeness I can claim with Andal is that I am a great fan of her songs.
    Since she is Jeganmatha Herself all of us can claim closeness to her as her children.
    thanks for coming in, Raba
    love,
    sridhar uncle