1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Varalotti issues a warning signal !

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by Chitvish, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear All,
    Today's Anandavikatan carries a "one minute story" of our Sridhar.
    I have scanned it & am attaching it for your reading pleasure.

Dear Sridhar,
    So, you continue your "warning bell series" on various aspects of life?
    Your words convey
    Beware, History is bound to repeat itself !

Powerful message for today's generation conveyed in just one minute !

Love,
    Chithra.

Attached Files:

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Pramadham....:)

Dear Chitra,
    Thanks for bringing the story to us...I need more than a minute, just to thank you for all your wonderful posts:)
    Sridhar, this was simply too good. You may have written it as a story, I know this happens for a fact and I am glad this was published in the Vikatan...hope you translate it and send it to Hindu, Deccan H etc immediately. A very timely story.

L, Kamla

3. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Thanks a Lot, Chitra and Kamla!

Dear Chitra and Kamla,

I never thought that I will be isolated so soon and in such a severe manner. In a site of 3000 members with some 20 persons regularly participating in all my threads, there are only two persons on this thread.

Thank you Chitra for reading and posting the story. And thanks a lot Kamla for your good words.

And for the information of you both, this story is another form of the aluminia thattu story which has been there in circulation for aeons.

You remember where a father will gave a dirty aluminium plate for food reserved for his old father. His son seeing that will tell the father, "Daddy, after grandfather dies, please dont throw the plate away. For I will use it to give you food when you are this old."

To bring in the lesson in the modern context I changed the gender and used the new year party in the place of an aluminium plate.

You ladies will be surprised to know that I have plagiarised even from Mahabaratha. The story that Gandhari blindfolded her eyes to show her love for her blind husband, I lifted and wrote a short story, Gandhariyin Kadhal. Both of you have my short stories books. You will find the story in one of the anthology. Now both of you be good girls, go to read that story and post your reviews.
    regards,
    sridhar

Last edited: Jan 13, 2007
  4. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Am I a good girl, Sridhar ?

Well, you asked for it !
    When you have two of us for company how can you feel isolated ?
    Now, let me tell you, I too have 20 regular “ Feed backers” ( is there such a word?). Some days I get 15 F Bs & on an occasional day 2 or 3 !

Perhaps, you think I have not read the story ! Infact it is one of my favourite stories. I strongly believe in a woman being யதார்த்தவாதி . Love is not sacrificing what you are used to doing for yourself regularly. It is taking extra effort to see that the spouse is taken good care of, by giving him the right food at the right time, making sure he does not indulge and fall sick. Just because you forego what is not good for his health, is he going to improve ? That is dramatic aaccording to me. It is easy to take a “wild sentimental “ decision that minute, but impossible to stick to it. We women are more rational than sentimental on such decisions.

V does not touch onions & I respect his wish. So very often, I end up preparing 2 varieties which is more time consuming. It is also உழக்கிலே கிழக்கு மேற்கு !

It is typical of a man to expect that his wife should fall in toe !! There cannot be more foolishness in thinking. A woman is his attendant and nurse as well & this is possible only if she takes good care of herself ! We are taken for granted, criticised but rarely appreciated !

Our love for our husbands, deep in the heart, surfaces in correct and practical decisions we take and not by “acting sympathetically” on the spur of the moment.
    Love,
    Chithra.
    Such stories have to be read by more and more husbands to realise how our psychology works !

5. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

Dear Varalotti,
    The one minute story hits hard where it should. It is very timely.
    Happy pongal,
    Regards,
    Meenu

6. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Its a one minute lesson!

Dear Sridhar,

Sorry for the late response.( Am having some home renovation project starting today and was running around getting things ready for the contractor!) Just got to read the story now. I would call it one minute lessons in life rather than story. What better way to teach someone other than giving them a dose of their own medicine?
    Looking forward to read many more such stories from you.
    Vandhana

7. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

That is a good story with a modern touch and ALL THOSE WHO DETEST THEIR MIL WILL THINK TWICE I think. Hats off:clap :clap :clap

8. varalotti

You don't owe a "sorry" Vandhana!

Dear Vandhana,

You do not owe a sorry for not visiting the thread or reading my story.

But I am happy that at last you could read it and say a nice word or two about my writing.
    Thanks, Vandhana.
    regards,
    sridhar

9. varalotti

Thanks Rajmiarun!

Thanks, Rajmiarun, for the words of praise.
    regards,
    sridhar

10. smileypooja

smileypooja Senior IL'ite

dear varalotti,

what is it this time?"oe minute story"???-issuing a warning signal???:hide:
    i tried to download it and read it but,as usual the same problem its in tamil can you just post me the summary of what you wrote......

pooja.:)