1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Varalotti hits hard where it hurts !

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by Chitvish, Nov 24, 2006.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear All,

It is my pleasure and privilege to reproduce here in tamil font, out Varalotti's one minute story which has appeared in Vikatan, this morning.

Love & regards,
    Chithra.
    அவன்..!

" டேய், அந்தப் பாத்திரத்தக் கழுவற மாதிரி பிடி !"

கிழிந்த சட்டையும் பரட்டைத்தலையுமாக இருந்த அந்தச் சிறுவன், பாத்திரத்தைத் தூக்கிப் பிடிக்க முயன்றபோது, அது பெரிய சத்தத்துடன் கீழே விழுந்தது.

"ஏண்டா....உங்கொப்பன் வீட்டுப் பாத்திரமா...இப்படிக் கீழே போட்டு நெளிச்சிட்டியே ! ஒழூங்காப் பிடிடா...!" - முதுகில் ஒரு அறை! அவன் மீண்டும் ஏதோ தப்பு செய்ய, மறுபடி ஒரு உதை!

"கொடுத்த இட்லியை லவக் லவகுன்னு தின்னேல்ல...வேலை பார்க்க மட்டும் உடம்பு வணங்க மாட்டேங்குதோ...?

அந்த நெளிந்து போன பாத்திரத்தைக் கழுவுவது போல அந்தச் சிறுவன் இம்முறை சரியாகப் பிடித்துக் கொள்ள, அந்தக் காட்சியை கேமரா அப்படியே விழுங்கியது.

ஆம், குழந்தைத் தொழிலாளர் முறையைக் கண்டிக்கும் வகையில் பிரசாரப் படம் எடுத்துக்கொண்டு இருந்தார்கள் அவர்கள்.

-வரலொட்டி ரங்கசாமி

அன்புள்ள ஸ்ரீதர்,

உங்கள் ஒரு நிமிடக் கதை, ஒரு விநாடியில் மனதைத் தொட்டு விட்டது என்பது மிகையல்ல!

படிப்பது ராமாயணம்.......இடிப்பது பெருமாள் கோவில் !

நான் எழுதியிருக்கும் பழமொழி, என் மனதிலிருப்பதை அழகாகவே சொல்லுகிறது !

அன்புள்ள,
    சித்ரா.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2006

2. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Chitra,

Thanks for sharing this with us.....and your proverb is also very apt.....wow, thats the way to live ma'am!

Dear Sridhar,
    That was a good one minute story ...very much a modern theme and good fore you that you have brought out the child labour concept and the filming of it at the end , too,.....nice combo for a 1 minute storyline....keep it up!:clap

3. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

How Am I Going To Thank You!

Dear Chitra,

This time you went a step ahead and even rewrote my story for the benefit of ILites saving me the trouble of posting in pdf format.

You could not have had a more beautiful way of pointing out that I am yet to visit your Proverbs 2 thread.

You were magnanimous to say that if Mohamed does not go to the mountain let the Mountain come to Mohamed. (You see quoting proverbs is even more contagious than the proverbially contagious Madras eye)
    Thanks is not the word. But gratitude's the feeling.
    sridhar

Dear Sudha,
    When Vikatan announced one minute stories I first thought that it is infra dig to write such short stories. But slowly I acquired the taste of it. Telling an one minute story (my Dad told me that this was less than a half minute story) is the ultimate test of one's communicating abilities.
    Seeing your nice words I am happy to learn that I have passed the test reasonably well.
    Your words and Chitra's prompt posting have inspired me to write another one minute story today. And its going to be about women. Please watch out.

sridhar

Last edited: Nov 24, 2006
  4. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

good

Dear Varalotti,
    Your one minute story is apt and touching. I was moved
    Regards,
    Meenu.

5. varalotti

Thanks Meenu!

Thanks a lot, Meenu for your kind words.
    As I have been saying repeatedly this is the only true reward for a writer.
    regards,
    Varalotti

6. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

all ur stories r maturing like a wine....

dear sridhar,
    All ur stories r maturing like a wine....and mellowing, hurting,relaxing and i could go on they r all wonderfull....thanks to chitra for highlighting all ur works...regards sunkan

7. varalotti

I relish those kind words of praise!

dear sundari,
    books, rice, writers and wine have to mature and mellow down to be relished by the users.
    Your words are a real inspiration to me.
    regards,
    sridhar

8. Preethi

Preethi Gold IL'ite

Good Story !

Varalotti,

A very good story !

Child labour plight beautifully conveyed with just handful of words !

All I can say now is, Varalotti, You and your story are as usual, the Great!

Love,
    Preethi

9. varalotti

Thanks a ton, Preethi!

Preethi,

Words like yours have inspired me to give shorter stories with powerful themes. I am trying my hands with a few more this week end. Let's see how they come about.

Preethi, I don't know whether this is the right thread. But still I will do that here.
    Thanks for your excellent review on The Other Side of Me.

Even the first few lines of your review were so good, that I did not want to go further with your review when you mention about an incident he has mentioned in his book.
    I closed down my computer and went hunting for that book. I could lay my hands only on a second hand copy which the bookseller was willing to sell for half the original price.

I have covered upto 100 pages. When I finish the book I will post a response to your book review thread.

This is just to thank you for recommending the book.

regards,
    Varalotti

10. Preethi

Preethi Gold IL'ite

Thanks !

Varalotti,

I am sure you will as usual do a great job with more "One minute Story", Actually, One Minute Story is a very nice concept, it's short and sweet, and trust me the most arduous task is Precise writing, not everyone is good at that ! To put so many big thoughts into too few words is not a easy job. When you're good at it, that tells us something about your writing excellence !

Varalotti, thanks for reading my review of Other Side of Me, I am more thrilled to hear my review actually made you buy this book...I take this as a Big honour for my review. I can assure you, you will have no disappointments after reading this book. I too have a second-hand book only as that's more afforable and economical, particulary when am piling up novels to start my own collections !

Love,
    Preethi