Varalotti has crossed the magic number !

Discussion in 'IL'ite milestones' started by Chitvish, May 28, 2006.

1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations & Heartful Thanks...super Contributor!

Dear Varalotti,

CONGRATULATIONS & HEARTFUL THANKS...
    for your unmatched contributions in the site. We are really hunting for words to thank you for your contributions, time and efforts that you have dedicated for this site.

Here is a review looking back how it all started, how we got this wonderful personality to the IndusLadies site to keep inspiring IndusLites. Though he started with his Stories, then came his Snippets, Articles and his share of friendly / fatherly / brotherly views, experiences, counsellings wherever needed to the IndusLites.

While our team had gone out inviting many wonderful contributors to post in special categories in the site, Mr.Sridhar(a.k.a. Varalotti) is a treasurable gift to our site who found his way into the site himself without any special invitation. His first story in the IndusLadies site was - "The Promise" - which got posted in our site by Shakthi(one of our Moderator) on 1st June 2005. Then came Varalotti finding about it via Google Search to make his first posting himself on 13th June 2005.

Sridhar was the 1st Winner in the 1st Contest conducted in our site - winning the "Best Poster Of The Month Award" for his story "The Scar" posted on June 15th, 2005. It had the maximum views within June, 30th 2005.

Sridhar, himself being a wonderful writer, had encouraged budding writers in our site to participate in contests like "Write your own Climax" , "Reply to this Love Letter" and "Give a suitable Title" through his wonderful stories.

In addition to his regular contributions in Deccan Herald, Woman's Era, Ananda Vikatan and publishing his own stories as books, he also had found time to write stories explicitly for IndusLadies focussing on Women. Needless to say are his Serial Stories that always receive great feedback & appreciations.

Today he has a total number of 1012 posts as of May 28, 2006. He has achieved this milestone not just by his contributions, but by taking utmost care to respond to each & every replies & feedbacks he receives for his contributions.

Sridhar,

"Thank You" a ton times for all your contributions so far and for the contributions to come. We really consider you as an asset of our site.

Chitvish,

We know you were on the lookout for the past few days to be the first to post about Varalotti's achievement on the total number of posts.

Thank You for always being the first to appreciate & encourage such contributions.

Last edited: May 29, 2006
  2. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

Congrats on touching 1000s!!!!!

Hello Sridhar,

thats great news and as usual our Chitra is the first to let all of us know.

From the first thread that you started called "Practical Astrology" followed by "Superiority complex" and then Short stories, Serial stories, Jokes & Snippets on Lakshmi & real life stories that appeared under Marriage Spouse & In-Laws, you have come a long way.

More than the quantity it's the quality that amazes me. Your threads forced a lot of us to share our views & experiences which otherwise would be kept under locked chests for years to come. Reading your threads was not only entertaining but also served as an outlet for a lot of us. It did give a chance for lot of ladies to open up and come forward with their own views. The problems, which they'd dare not discuss with their closest people, were easily let out here in the open – your interactions made a lot of ladies to share, to trust, to just be there, enjoy the moment, to learn from others experiences, to laugh, to cheer – you brought people together. That's the best thing I like in you – you being a cheerleader.

When some threads made us emotional, there were others, which taught us morals of life. When some threads made us laugh, there were others, which inspired us. When some disturbed us there were others, which entertained us. When some scared us, there were others, which humored us. You made our reading complete with wide variety of subjects.

All said & done, I do understand the hard work behind each thread that you'd posted. I don't have words to thank you for sharing your precious time with us. Each interaction, however small, was something to remember & you made it special all the time.

Congrats once again & wish to see another 1000 coming soooon!!!!!!!!!!

Chitra, thanks to you first. for, you were the first to bring it to everyone's notice & you seem to remember every occasion and make sure nothing goes unnoticed in the forum...You are our guide!!!!!!!!!!

3. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Thanks, Sudha!

Thanks Sudha for the greetings. With your provoking replies which most of the times leaves me clueless, I am sure to cross further milestones, Godwilling.
    Of all the persons in the world, you know the worth of Maduraikkarar better, for aren't you living with one of the gems, that Madurai produced?
    regards,
    sridhar

4. varalotti

No Words To Thank You, Induslady!

Dear Induslady,
    How am I ever going to thank you for your gorgeous message on my crossing 1000 posts!
    Unlike the experts who came here on invitation I just barged in , without any invitation or even information as to the site or its organisers. I will have to thank Shakti and Google search who dragged me to this wonderful site. Thereafter the gracious ladies made me to stick on to the site.
    And Induslady, I now feel like the only male child in a family full of ladies. Suppose there is a younger brother born to some 8 or 9 girls. Assume how would he be pampered by his family members.
    Now assume if the family is 1000 plus and is still growing, what kind of pampering would he get!
    I remember with gratitude not only the ladies who poured out their affection. My gratitude is no less towards those dutiful women who pulled me up, almost made me stand on the bench when I went wrong.
    My joy knew no bounds when I won the very first award, the best poster award for my story The Scar. It bagged some 300 plus views and thus became the most viewed piece at that time. (Nowadays 1000 plus has become the standard)
    In those days the award was based on the number of views. Soon after the award I wrote to you people saying if number of views were made the only criterion I would be winning the award every time with my short stories (Chitvish was not there at that time). So I asked you to count me out for the Best Poster Award.
    And you, while agreeing to my suggestion, conferred on me the greater award of having a separate forum for my short stories and serials.
    And the kind of wishes I received for my birthday, my God!, that made this the most memorable birthday I ever had in my life.
    It was only after I started writing in IL did I develop the courage to approach some publishers and my first books got published.
    Amateur writers like me have a problem. We don't get enough of feedback from our readers. Feedback is crucial to hone our writing skills. That was what I precisely got from IL. Every time my short story or serial appeared there were a lot of comments.
    If B&B went on smoothly and ended nicely, a major share of the credit should go to the ladies who commented on the story line. I changed the climax three times.
    Individually replying to the ladies gave me an insight into their minds and their lives. Very few writers would have got this privilege. This privilege would be the most prized, the most coveted asset for any writer.
    I was just ranting; I could not hope to thank you enough, Induslady, or the Most Gracious ILites, for the affection you showered on me. May be someday I shall hope to deserve it.
    regards,
    Varalotti
    My Dear Friend Chitra,
    Thanks for the second time for this nice thread.
    sridhar

5. varalotti

A Million Thanks, Meena!

Hello Meena,
    More than my crossing this magic number of 1000 I am very happy to learn about the impact my posts had on you.
    Just to set the record straight, my first post was, well it was not mine, it was Shakti's, who posted my much-read short story The Promise. Google search showed my name in this site and just to see how my story is being discussed I registered myself and logged in. Then came the story The Scar. And then the snippets and all.
    It was sheer happiness to read what you have to say about my threads. Believe me, Meena, some threads made me emotional too. The kind of responses I received for the mother in law thread almost made me cry. At the end of the day it gave some kind of perspective to all the ladies, and more than them to me.
    In life there are incoveniences and problems. Problem is becoming bankrupt, losing the loved one, not being loved by our spouses, house being burnt down et al. All the rest are plain incoveniences - just like our car tyres becoming flat. The mother in law thread made this distinction very clear and I along with the ladies learnt a lesson or two there.
    While on this I have to place on record your enthusiastic, child-like participation in all the threads. You were very generous with your words of praise but when it was time to criticise you did not have the mind to. You just left it unsaid. Thanks, Meena, for everything.
    Pray God that I should continue to have the strength and wisdom to make good people like you happy by future posts.
    regards,
    sridhar

6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations Varalotti!

Dear Sridhar,

Some achievement, that. Especially, considering it is a woman's forum, you have made yourself an indispensable part of IL. With your stories, views on life and advise and with your good humoured writing, IL has become very interesting. You have also shown what it is to be truly sporting and tolerant. Two great traits in a person.

Also, thanks to Chitra who has brought this fact to light and informed most of us about it. That was a great intro Chitra.

Hope to hear more from both of you and hope to learn more from your writings:)

L, Kamla

7. varalotti

Those were the words!

Dear Kamla,
    Really encouraging words. Reading them in the morning I feel refreshed for the day. You have made my day, Kamla.
    Pray God that I should be able to contribute more and more to this wonderful forum.
    l,
    sridhar