1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Varalotti Blows His Trumpet.... Again.....

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Jun 8, 2008.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

My Dear GFs,

Yes, that's right. Whatever amount of spiritual reading and writing I do, I can't come out of the weakness of blowing my own trumpet. My daughter feels that it has reached such stage that it might turn out to be a mild neurosis or a more benign chemical imbalance in the brain.

But to me, dears, this is a family. My family. My home. My community. Whenever something good happens I rush to tell the news to my father, mother, wife, daughter, brother, sister...

And here in this wonderful community I have many mothers, sisters, daughters, even grand daughters, and yes, some well-meaning and affectionate brothers, elder and younger. Should I not run in here with the same enthusiasm if I have something good to share?

An elementary school teacher by name Mr. Ramasubbu who had already finished his Masters in Tamil literature then started to do M.Phil.in Tamil. The Head of Department of Higher Learning in Tamil in Yadava College Madurai, one Dr. Jagannathan has been his academic guide.
    Under the guidance of Dr.Jagannathan Mr.Ramasubbu chose my short story collection Jannal as the subject of his dissertation.

The two gentlemen came to see me more than a year ago. And now the good news is that Mr.Ramasubbu has finished his dissertation, has submitted his thesis to the external examiner, has passed his viva and has got his M.Phil. He came home today to give a copy of his dissertation for my record.
    I told him that his research on my book would rather help me. For we writers are like engine drivers who only look ahead and watch for the signal. But a research scholar like Ramasubbu has the luxury of sitting on the side-line and watching the engine in all its intricacies.

For instance he had written in his thesis that I am obsessively fond of the male name Vaasu (and of course female name is Malathi) and that I use a lot of English words in my stories. And then he told that I do not deal with the problems of the really poor people.

All the rest were just words of praise.

Well, GFs, I have finished blowing the trumpet, you can take your ear plugs off.

Wait, wait, just one more thing. Now seeing this man's work another lady by name Tamil Selvi working as a teacher in the prestigious Velammal School in Madurai has taken my other book Visaranai for her M.Phil Thesis. More about that later.

Jokes apart, my mind is full today. I have done my 5000 posts and it had taken more than three years for me to do that.
    And then this news. I seek your kind wishes and blessings.
    Love,

2. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear

Here goes my boni.

I too have a doubt on this.HarharHarhar (just kidding)

No...... it is not Varalotti blowing his trumpets but I feel we are honoured to share your joys with us and your mention of being part of the family...... really made my day oops rather night.

On this most beautiful days of yours we wish you many more years with us in IL and let the almighty bless you and your sweet family with more health, wealth & prosperity not to mention of the Divine Love.

It is really great that your works are chosen for thesis and another one in the Q. Maybe we can also blow our trumpets by claiming we are Varalotti's friends:p

Our kinds wishes and the Almighty's blessing are always with you and your family, please do not seek them, it is your prerogative.

3. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Wow Sir,

That really calls for a celebration and a major one at that.
    You are a fantastic writer and a veteran at that. You have recieved a lot of accolades for your great works but what is absolutely amazing that i truly love is the child like enthusiasm in you. Its so very infectitious, we get caught in it in no time.

Well Sir I wish you all the very best for many more wonderful achievements . Im sure theres a lot more in store for you.

Love,
    Devika

4. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Oh wow, so someone really has done a thesis presentation on your book.....great .....and another on the way! Oh i think we have all read your books here and maybe veterans in tamil should apply for M phil for your other books too and get it .....ha ha have we all not read and discussed your books and writing.....or better still maybe we can do a thesis on your Online writing in IL.....here we have more of your stuff na.....:idea....mmmm not a bad idea na?
    Humour apart.....congrats and tahnks for sharing with us! I am sure Preethi is just pulling your leg!

5. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Sridhar,
    Glad to see your another book is for thesis....
    Congrats on you reaching 5000 posts...

sriniketan

6. gopalan1937

gopalan1937 Silver IL'ite

My dear brother Sridar,
    You have made proud of iLites family. Though I am not an avid reader some of you writings are really inspiring and moving. I keep showing them to my family members,
    blowing the trumpet on your behalf.
    With good wishes
    gopalan:wow:wow

7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

O wow Sridhar!

That's a great news indeed. You can be really proud of this recognition. I am so glad and wish you the very best.

L, Kamla

8. brindhak

brindhak Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar Sir...

Im soo Happy to hear this...My HEARITEST CONGRATULATIONS....
    May You Reach More And More Heights In LIFE...

My Prayers And Wishes...

9. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Varalotti,

That is really great news... Congrats.... Rather Double congrats.... First for the recognition and the second one reaching the great milestone of 5K posts....

I slightly may disagree with RS on your liking for the name Vaasu... otherwise you would have been adressing me Vaasu or Vyasu.... but you address me Veda Vyasan... So... either you are not too fond of that name or you dont like me, so you chose my full name than your favorite.... hahahaahahahahahahahahahaha....

So, this calls for Celebration.... When should I plan my trip to MDU....

Congrats once again....

Veda

10. pavithrasriram

pavithrasriram Bronze IL'ite

dear varlotti,
    congrats on reaching 5000 posts!!!
    they have all been great posts!!!
    looking forward to your next milestone soon, filled with loads of great write-ups!!!!
    best wishes
    pavi